Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Saturday Owl

Guest Saturday Owl

Venue- Oakwell

KO- 7:30PM (OS)

Type- Friendly number seven.

Looking forward to seeing us tonight, quite confident we can get a win after the showing on Saturday against Leeds.

Barnsley look weaker than Leeds so hopefully we can get another good workout and hopefully a confidence boosting result.

Anyone else going to this? Have we sold our allocation? Looking forward to some banter with the Dingles before the game. :biggrin:

Venue- Oakwell

KO- 7:30PM (OS)

Type- Friendly number seven.

Looking forward to seeing us tonight, quite confident we can get a win after the showing on Saturday against Leeds.

Barnsley look weaker than Leeds so hopefully we can get another good workout and hopefully a confidence boosting result.

Anyone else going to this? Have we sold our allocation? Looking forward to some banter with the Dingles before the game. :biggrin:

Will it actually be 7.30pm kick off?

I was supposed to be going until my mate who I was relying on for a lift bailed on me!!

I remember last year when Barnsley went 2-0 and Luke Steele turned round to the Wednesday fans to celebrate like they'd just won the FA Cup, much to our amusement.

Hopefully this year now we have a capable manager and not Irvine, we'll give them more of a game although I'm still concenred with how light-weight we look up front.

I'll go with 0-0.

Guest Vic Rattlehead

This is one of those no win situations for us. If we lose it's a terrible and embarrassing defeat. If we win (as I fully expect to) it's only a victory against vastly inferior opposition.

Reds 3 South Yorkshire's Fourth Club 0.

P.S Is Furious George still posting on here?

This is one of those no win situations for us. If we lose it's a terrible and embarrassing defeat. If we win (as I fully expect to) it's only a victory against vastly inferior opposition.

Is it hard to type with all those extra fingers?

I think one of the reasons why we always find these types of games tough is because to us it's just another match (whether it be a friendly, in the league or in the cup) but to Barnsley it's a big local derby and means so much to them.

There fans often dream up some sort of rivalry between the two clubs and claim it's a local derby and then find it hard to accept that no one in Sheffield really gives a poo about Barnsley.

To me tonight's game is a pre season friendly against a team not too far away, that's all. The only local derbies anyone in Sheffield is bothered about is the Sheffield derby, Barnsley's main rivals are more Doncaster and Rotherham.

1 year in the top league in your entire history, enough said!

This is one of those no win situations for us. If we lose it's a terrible and embarrassing defeat. If we win (as I fully expect to as I am dillusional ) it's only a victory against vastly superior opposition.

Reds 0 South Yorkshire's Only Club 3.

Fixed :biggrin:

Guest JonTheOwl66

:laugh:

:laugh:

All I can say is thankyou so much Alan Irvine for making it possible for all these small town clubs (Exeter, Tranmere, Yeovil, Barnsley etc) to come on here and take the wee wee :biggrin:

Guest Sheff Owl

How about finding the nearest toilet and having a wash?

Guest owls_4_life

How much are the ticket, for kids and adults it doesn't say owt on the OS.

£12 and £6 although it beats me as to how you're actually supposed to buy them. Why isn't the match listed in the away tickets section?. Have we sold out?

Guest Owl30

£12 and £6 although it beats me as to how you're actually supposed to buy them. Why isn't the match listed in the away tickets section?. Have we sold out?

I think it's pay on the gate m8..