Strangest Place You've Seen a Wednesday Player

Guest Reneowlsup

Nice 1 for that pal, i got 3 adults and 1 child returns (with a family and friends rail-card) for £12.15 pinching money or what lol...

No problem pal,

do you think we will take a full team?

I think it will be a mixture of 1st team and youth...... I also think Palmer my be captain for the game... lead wednesday out against his home town club

Ola Tidman in Wednesday's goal. Could have swore I saw Kim Olsen upfront for us too lol

I'd forgotten about him, he lived on Wadsley Park too and he was a really nice guy, he had barbecue's almost every week and he was always inviting neighbours.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Salt of the earth the folk on Winn Gardens..............

I've heard it all before, it's just Wadsley Park envy.

My brother in law lives at Chapletown, he calls us Upper Winn Gardens, which is a bit rich because I know quite a few people at Chapletown and they are all off The Cross. I lived on The Cross for 8 years, my mother still lives there, she had to install security camera's a few years ago because of all the trouble she gets. She's had stuff stolen off the garden, and she's always picking beer bottles and the like out of the garden. A month ago some yob threw a brick through the back window of her car.

I keep telling her to move, but she's lived there since the late seventies. We've lived on this estate 7 years and never heard a peep from Winn Gardens.

I've heard it all before, it's just Wadsley Park envy.

My brother in law lives at Chapletown, he calls us Upper Winn Gardens, which is a bit rich because I know quite a few people at Chapletown and they are all off The Cross. I lived on The Cross for 8 years, my mother still lives there, she had to install security camera's a few years ago because of all the trouble she gets. She's had stuff stolen off the garden, and she's always picking beer bottles and the like out of the garden. A month ago some yob threw a brick through the back window of her car.

I keep telling her to move, but she's lived there since the late seventies. We've lived on this estate 7 years and never heard a peep from Winn Gardens.

Touched a nerve there Hootie. :biggrin:

Seriously, I've got a good mate who lives on there not far from where Sodje used to live.

His house is lovely and his garden is really big compared to most modern new builds too.

Touched a nerve there Hootie. :biggrin:

Seriously, I've got a good mate who lives on there not far from where Sodje used to live.

His house is lovely and his garden is really big compared to most modern new builds too.

:biggrin:

I live 2 minutes walk from Sodje. He's still got the house but the last time I saw him, was when he came up for a weekend about a month before the end of the season. JJ lives on a cul de sac just below us.

As for touching a nerve, it's a built in defence mechanism, a lot of people who don't live on here don't realise how quite the estate is, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. There's not another estate like this in Sheffield. The builders were only allowed to build on 50% of the land, so there are a lot of open spaces, and some good little walks. There's no shops or pubs, so you don't get gangs of young kids hanging around. The road I live on, we can see right out to Jawbone hill, there are no house's opposite us for a good fifty yards, it's just trees and fields. We have a neighbour to one side (an exiled Brummie who supports Villa) and a neighbour behind us, to the other side is a copse. We don't get much in the way of traffic because we are not on the main drag between Middlewood road and Worrall road. Whenever we have visitors, they cannot believe how quite it is. I called in at my sister's in Chapletown yesterday, and while she has a lovely house, there were cars parked all over the place, it was really difficult to park up. Where we live, I don't see a car parked on the road for a good 20 or 30 yards in either direction.

Waddle in the North Stand bookies about 2hrs before the Spora game with my old man after the steward had let us up to have a bet. It was my 14th Bday & he had time to speak to us both & wish me Happy Bday which was awesome, nobody knew what he was about to embark on that season at that time but it was great fun & brilliant memories :)

Seen that big eared scouse clown in Portugal at the Stad de Luz before the France game in 04 in some shopping centre we were all in having beers before the game. UTO

:biggrin:

I live 2 minutes walk from Sodje. He's still got the house but the last time I saw him, was when he came up for a weekend about a month before the end of the season. JJ lives on a cul de sac just below us.

As for touching a nerve, it's a built in defence mechanism, a lot of people who don't live on here don't realise how quite the estate is, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. There's not another estate like this in Sheffield. The builders were only allowed to build on 50% of the land, so there are a lot of open spaces, and some good little walks. There's no shops or pubs, so you don't get gangs of young kids hanging around. The road I live on, we can see right out to Jawbone hill, there are no house's opposite us for a good fifty yards, it's just trees and fields. We have a neighbour to one side (an exiled Brummie who supports Villa) and a neighbour behind us, to the other side is a copse. We don't get much in the way of traffic because we are not on the main drag between Middlewood road and Worrall road. Whenever we have visitors, they cannot believe how quite it is. I called in at my sister's in Chapletown yesterday, and while she has a lovely house, there were cars parked all over the place, it was really difficult to park up. Where we live, I don't see a car parked on the road for a good 20 or 30 yards in either direction.

my grandad's in property [hence the tenancy thing] and says the exact same thing about WPV. he thinks it's done a fantastic little job in creating a quiet community culture separate from "worse" areas around it. like i said, it's all i've got my eyes on when i move back with the significant other - and i've managed to convince her the same. :cool: