Bring JPM Back!

Guest Distraught!

Waste of time even thinking about it. It has been mooted in the press that GM, Mandaric and Aldridge had a meeting recently. Hopefully, the topic of conversation would have been how to get us out of League 1 and back to the Championship within the next one season maximum. That being the case, hopefully lower league soccer journeymen like JP McGovern will not be part of that thought process. There must be many players that would better serve our need than JPM next season.

We need a JPM type of winger in, but not JPM. Like the guy but we need to aim higher.

Lee Cook springs to mind, even though he clearly doesn't want to drop to this level as proved when he rejected the loan offer in january. I'd still like us to put a cheeky little bid into QPR who will be looking to offload him, and then see if Milan and Megson can sell the club to him.

Guest Distraught!

What the flip are you doing here Aldridge?

The guy I believe is still the Chief Exec. (or maybe he is called Vice Chairman or summat) not him that used to play for Liverpool!

Guest Distraught!

"Why aren't you John Aldridge?"

Would be my second question.

Because, as far as I am aware, my father did not shag John Aldridge's mother!

Guest Distraught!

Then I'm stuck down some bizarre mental cul-de-sac that I can't find my way out of.

Let's talk about time travel, with John Aldridge passing his moustache throughout the ages, like an upper lip frisbee.

:huh: :huh:

flip me!

Could only be Owlstalk. From Milan Mandaric's No.2 financial honcho to John Aldridge's facial disfiguration.

My head hurts!

lol

Then I'm stuck down some bizarre mental cul-de-sac that I can't find my way out of.

Let's talk about time travel, with John Aldridge passing his moustache throughout the ages, like an upper lip frisbee.

lol

We need a JPM type of winger in, but not JPM. Like the guy but we need to aim higher.

Lee Cook springs to mind, even though he clearly doesn't want to drop to this level as proved when he rejected the loan offer in january. I'd still like us to put a cheeky little bid into QPR who will be looking to offload him, and then see if Milan and Megson can sell the club to him.

Cook would be decent if he could stay fit, what we dont want is to get stuck with another winger who cant run like Teale and Sedgwick.

A younger, more mobile version of JPM for me would be somebody like Dean Cox at Orient, played well for them this year and chipped in with 10 goals.

Guest foreverSWFC

Jon-Paul McGovern vs. Chris Sedgwick

hmmmm, i know who id rather have on the wing :cool:

So do I JPM, but seriously we are aiming for better than these two.

So do I JPM, but seriously we are aiming for better than these two.

I see what your saying mate, but below is a quote from a swindon fan ... <

"As for JPM i love him but he is a luxury player,sort of Trundle kind of player,got so much quality and it needs the right manager to bring it out...."

Surely that manager can be Megson, i genuinely think he'd have alot to offer this team.

Guest foreverSWFC

I see what your saying mate, but below is a quote from a swindon fan ... <

"As for JPM i love him but he is a luxury player,sort of Trundle kind of player,got so much quality and it needs the right manager to bring it out...."

Surely that manager can be Megson, i genuinely think he'd have alot to offer this team.

Yes, but JPM was a good player who we have fond memories of here.

My worry is if we bring him back and he is struggling or is part of a team that fails to get promotion, what will us fans think of him. JPM the Cardiff play off winner, or JPM the old has been who failed to do anything in his second stint at the club.

Good character, but leave the past behind us and start looking towards the future.