In megson we trust

Guest BulleOwl

Guest bartos

I believe that if players see fans are behind him, which we should be, then they pretty much have no choice to do likewise.

That's if the rumours are to be believed and there is a rift with some players.

Players that aren't behind him will be hoping for pressure from fanbase as well

Guest Willie Henderson

MEGSON IN - One of us, doing all he can.

PLAYERS NOT BOTHERED OUT - Dont give a poo poo.

Simples!

Guest wednesday83

If Megson wants to keep his job then he has start trying to win games everytime and play the clubs top goal scorer. How are we meant to score goals with our goal scorer sat in the stand?

Guest 373vale

If Megson wants to keep his job then he has start trying to win games everytime and play the clubs top goal scorer. How are we meant to score goals with our goal scorer sat in the stand?

so he's not trying to win games then?..........

As it stands my opinion on the appointment hasn't really changed.

I totally understand why he was chosen and he can still prove to be a success here, no doubt.

You get one chance to make an impression and he went for the jugular with the players... he didn't become manager to make friends.

Football is a big boys game, they need to take on board what Megson is telling them for the greater good.

He doesn't shout for the sake of it....

I do worry however that the squad is full of shrinking violets and the hard approach has made them crawl up their own ring pieces.

They seem scared to death at the moment.

Just hope we make it until the end of the season so we can build a squad of strong characters capable of dealing with the pressure and challenge ahead.

Since getting that hat-trick at Milton Keynes midway through November, Mellor has scored only twice (11+3 appearances).

Guest wednesday83

so he's not trying to win games then?..........

At times NO. He certainly did not try to win at daggenham and if anyone wants to dispute that they need to watch the game again.

Since getting that hat-trick at Milton Keynes midway through November, Mellor has scored only twice (11+3 appearances).

Thats like saying Ive never scored for wednesday - The fact ive never played for them doesnt matter. Since that game he has hardly played and Megson has made it quite clear he does not see him in his plans.

You dont just drop your top goal scorer from the squad because he hit a bit of a bad patch. Hes our only player who can bang the goals in along with Heffs.

Thats like saying Ive never scored for wednesday - The fact ive never played for them doesnt matter. Since that game he has hardly played and Megson has made it quite clear he does not see him in his plans.

:huh:

DJM already said he had played 11 + 3, with a two goal return. so he has played. and not scored.

i keep saying though, the strikers aint the problem - put any combination of them there right now and we wont score, because they get zero supply.

.......or sat in burger king.

Thats like saying Ive never scored for wednesday - The fact ive never played for them doesnt matter.

Idiot.

Wasn't it you that was caught out posting from the same IP address as Foily (there's a memory test for Owlstalk veterans)?

Explains a lot.

:dry:

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest wednesday83

Idiot.

Wasn't it you that was caught out posting from the same IP address as Foily (there's a memory test for Owlstalk veterans)?

Explains a lot.

Think youve got me mixed up with someone else.

Ok and maybe I am an idiot but all I will say is that when Mellor was playing and scoring we were not 4 points off relegation - FACT.

I think the idiots are elsewhere.

Edited by wednesday83

Think youve got me mixed up with someone else.

I don't, but there's no point arguing about it.

Ok and maybe I am an idiot but all I will say is that when Mellor was playing and scoring we were not 4 points off relegation - FACT.

Clinton Morrison, Darren Potter and James O'Connor were also regulars back then. Is that the secret to our revival?

Guest wednesday83

I don't, but there's no point arguing about it.

Clinton Morrison, Darren Potter and James O'Connor were also regulars back then. Is that the secret to our revival?

Well there ya go. Youve sussed it.

Guest 373vale

At times NO. He certainly did not try to win at daggenham and if anyone wants to dispute that they need to watch the game again.

You dont just drop your top goal scorer from the squad because he hit a bit of a bad patch. Hes our only player who can bang the goals in along with Heffs.

Are you seriously saying Megson is trying not to win?....unbelievable.....

And remind me how many goals has "Heffs" banged in?

When Megson came in he decided he was going to make life a bit tougher for the playing squad which is a) the way he manages and b) what we all agreed they needed after being mollycoddled by Irvine.

If he had got the right response, we could have been pushing for play-offs.

As it was a good number of the players have not responded well, so we face a fight to retain our status.

What's disappointing is that so many of them are underperforming because they either aren't good enough or don't want to play for him, and that as a result of this he hasn't found a hard core of players he can rely on to keep us up.

We have to stumble somehow over that line and stay up.

Either way prepare for a massive clear out in the summer.

Oh and Megson has to be the right man - his methods and approach are what we have lacked for years. And (because he is Wednesday through and through) we have for the first time in years been able to attract a manager whose calibre is much higher than where we are at the moment.

Edited by September65

If it was only a handful of players who failed to buy into Megson's tactics, what about the rest? Sureley that still leaves about 18 players who get what he's trying to do, plus the 4 that he's brought in So what is his excuse for not being able to pick a side to compete with the likes of Brentford at home?