Potter on the right

When the team was announced in the ground I was trying to go through all possibilities with the XI named. None included Potter on the right.

Maybe JOB would have played there? Maybe we were going with 451 but Heff playing from the right. Both would have been just about acceptable.

But not Potter on the right who was hung out to dry quite frankly. I was obvious 10 minutes in it wasn't working. We even had the chance to change it when Jones went off - drop JOB to right back (as he did for a while) and bring on JJ or even Sedgwick.

Megson chose not to. This makes him doubly culpable. I just don't see what he was trying to achieve with Potter on the right?

Guest totemowl

I'd say JOB and Osbourne were the right choices in centre midfield.

And we couldn't play JJ or sedgewick at RM because that would have basically been 4-2-4, a bit too daring give the way we caved in in the past.

So it comes down to who else to play at RM. Potter does seem an odd choice but I don't know how Coke and Miller have been doing lately.

But of course we caved in anyway.

Perhaps we should have gone for 4-5-1. ph34r.gif

JOB and Osbourne were too deep, therefore not there to press the 2nd ball from our strikers/their centre halves. We weren't tight enough in there and neither can play an effective forward pass. Miller should have partnered one or the other.

As for the right, I could have accepted JJ, Sedgwick or Heff in a 451. JJ on the right and Daniel Jones on the left would have been my choice, but Jones doesn't seem to be getting look in after the Peterboro debacle.

totally unbalanced an already unbalanced midfield

i feel so weary trying to work out what is going wrong, a right footed winger on the left who has to turn back every time he gets into a good position, and then potter who has never ever been a wide player

job was knackered after 30 mins and osbourne played with a club foot

i thought our mid couldn't get any worse

i was wrong

Potter was like a lost boy in Morrisons all night, not a glue what to do, if he could have cried I think he woukld have!!!.

Should I make a run down the line ?

Should I sit and cover?

Should I stick a foot in & break play up?

should I go looking for the ball & make things happen?

NO NO NO he did none of the above - chose to wonder around doing sod all apart from making it look like this was the 1st time he had ever played football

What I don't understand is why change the defensive if we were apparently solid on Saturday!

The defensive looked ok - Jones & Bath looked a good pairing (Untill Jones had to go off) and Buxton was MOTM. Poor midfield & for me Keeper let us down tonight

Guest Hirsty's Gut

It's beyond belief, u couldn't make up some of megsons team selections. If he stuck James O'Connor upfront and put Reynolds right wing on Saturday it wouldn't surprise me