NOTHING CHANGES

We didnt beat them comfortably.

We went 2-0 up and held on for 70 minutes.

Could have easily been 2-2 or worse that day.

I cannot remember Weaver making a save on the opening day. 2nd half we sat back and they had plenty of the ball but to say it could have been 2-2 or worse is not true.

Some comments are very valid but others like playing against one of the smallest clubs in the leagues.that is one of the problems we are up against, just cos we are Wednesday it doesn't give us the divine right to trounce teams.

No but having the second highest wage bill in the division, a rich owner, the best away support, and a high pull factor in terms of signing players does.

Although i dont think it was a pen, i dont think the ref is entirely to blame for another poo performance, i think ROD had a good game, as did the defence although there were a few nervy moments. Madine and O'Brien ran themselves into the ground but IMO nothing has changed in the set up, it still seems so negative. A few months ago i never would've though we would struggle to get 3shots on target against one of the smallest clubs in the football leagues let alone concede most of the possession to them as well. I hated Irvine i'm glad he's gone but i just dont notice much difference in our play, we cant shoot, we hardly score, we cant keep a clean sheet and most worrying of all we cant seem to get a win, i think we're in the poo poo, i dont think we are going to pick up a win if we dont attack the crap sides we've got left to play, when we finally attacked D&R with 7mins left to play their defence looked in a panic and probably would've made some errors if we'd attacked from the off. Mr Megson stick 3 strikers on the pitch next game if we're gonna go down lets go down fighting at least.

that's 'cos megsons still got the players irvine assembled at great expense (for this division)...give him and the loan signings a week or two, and then judge him better...

and mr. megson...stick at it, don't let the drunks convince you to go down at all, fighting, or not...

Yesterday had nothing to do with a lack of fight.

Most of the players ran themselves into the ground and battled for everything going.

The fact that we were so bad was mainly due to non-existant confidence in key areas- the full backs and wingers are the most important players in a 4-5-1 formation but none of them provide anything going forward. Daniel Jones andJJ have got to play in the team if we're going to go 4-5-1.

Yesterday had nothing to do with a lack of fight.

Most of the players ran themselves into the ground and battled for everything going.

The fact that we were so bad was mainly due to non-existant confidence in key areas- the full backs and wingers are the most important players in a 4-5-1 formation but none of them provide anything going forward. Daniel Jones andJJ have got to play in the team if we're going to go 4-5-1.

Agreed.

From our squad I don't think we are picking the right people for this formation.

The idea of having Sedgewick in one of the wide supporting roles is somewhat mind boggling.

Full backs are also absolutely key to this formation, particularly in an attacking sense.

You simply won't get that with Reynolds and Morrison.

Agreed.

From our squad I don't think we are picking the right people for this formation.

The idea of having Sedgewick in one of the wide supporting roles is somewhat mind boggling.

Full backs are also absolutely key to this formation, particularly in an attacking sense.

You simply won't get that with Reynolds and Morrison.

Spot on mate.

Although i will say, he might not be Pele on the ball (nor does he claim to be- he has said he's a CB out of position) but Michael Morrison has sorted his game out and looks a tidy player and effective defender.

It's just in a 4-5-1, as you say, his style doesn't fit the gameplan.

Spot on mate.

Although i will say, he might not be Pele on the ball (nor does he claim to be- he has said he's a CB out of position) but Michael Morrison has sorted his game out and looks a tidy player and effective defender.

It's just in a 4-5-1, as you say, his style doesn't fit the gameplan.

Well perhaps you can play Morrison at right back, but then have Jones on the left to add that much needed attacking threat.

Chelsea, who often play 4-3-3/4-5-1, have Ivanovic at right back and the more attacking Cole on the left.

Now of course we are no where near the standard of Chelsea, but the principles remain the same.

Edited by SiJ