Players with fight? Fans with fight!!

Although I don't have a problem with GM being manager, after Saturdays performance he also has to stand up and be counted, as he hasn't had an impact on the team that a new manager normally does.

1) I couldn't believe the team when I arrived at the ground on Saturday, Morrison and Reynolds ( in my opinion ) will never be good enough for this football team. Both players have arrived with a clearly false reputation as we can see what their limitations are on the field.

2) The inclusion again of both Teale and Miller. Teale brings nothing to the team in any department and Miller is badly out of form. Coke and Osborne would have been my central pairing. Teale may cover plenty of ground, but half the time he's never where he should be, doesn't support his full-back enough and constantly runs down blind alleys with the ball.

3) My other points are tactical, which is down to the manager........

a) Both full-backs were yards off the pace in closing down when marking their respective wingers. Time after time arriving late at full pelt, being easily sidestepped and leaving acres of space for the opposition to play into. Neither of our wingers support the full-backs enough and vice-versa. When our full backs are skinned and no winger covering, that then drags a central defender out of position.

b) Every time we pass to one of our own players, whether attacking or passing the ball back, we always leave the player with the ball isolated, and with no alternatives. It never ceases to amaze me how we drop yards off the opposition and allow them to play, but yet when we have the ball, the opposition are round us like flies to regain posession. Madine always had two and sometimes three of the Soton players around him on sat. When we pass a ball, we all seem to stand there admiring what we've done. It doesn't come naturally to any of them to pass and move, which are the basics of football. When our player is isolated with no alternative or shout from a team mate, he first has to control the ball and then look up to see where his team mates are, and by that time the opposition are on him and we lose posession.

c) Corners, free kicks and throw-ins. Is it tactical not to ever find one of our players? I cannot understand how Teale is allowed to take nearly all the corners and free-kicks with no end product what so ever.

Maybe GM sees something we don't and they just can't produce on the field I don't know. I haven't a clue where the next goal is coming from with how we are playing at the moment, and the bottom four is becoming ever closer. What's worrying me more than ever is the players individual pride to roll up their sleeves and fight for the cause, because I don't think we have enough of them.

I'd like to finish by saying how proud my son and I were with the numbers and vocal support given to the team on saturday. They were awesome, and the players just don't deserve it. I'm convinced they will never find better clubs than what they are at now, and they will only realise once they've been booted out of the door. If it was down to the fans we'd be in the Champions League.

Only my opinion chaps. :rolleyes:

paul i think you make a good point about the obviuos lack of impact megson has made

we all know footballers are idiots,,that is no surprise,,not just here but everywhere,,,,,the job of a manager,is to get the most from them,,,as most managers wont have the luxury of being able to change so many players

its just baffling how he has taken over and made us so poor,,

im still struggling to believe that he has taken a top half team,,,and somehow managed to destroy any confidence with his public outbursts and constant changes to the team

yet somehow he bares no responsibility for the results?

thats the part that baffles me

surley if he takes training everyday,,,he could choose his back 4 and drill the *** out of them,,,but instead he chops and changes

ask any professional manager,pundit,player,,,,they will look at this sqaud and say"its a decent team"

so for me there is no excuse,,,,if megson s unable to get into the players head and motivate them,,,then he is a poor manager,,,,end of

Guest Big Guns

we ant got no players wi fight but ive got fight lots er flippingfite loads er fite who flippingwonts it cmon lets be avhn yer yeq bunch er lesbos

going on realist give it to the flippinglesbos lol

paul i think you make a good point about the obviuos lack of impact megson has made

we all know footballers are idiots,,that is no surprise,,not just here but everywhere,,,,,the job of a manager,is to get the most from them,,,as most managers wont have the luxury of being able to change so many players

im still struggling to believe that he has taken a top half team,,,and somehow managed to destroy any confidence with his public outbursts and constant changes to the team

yet somehow he bares no responsibility for the results?

thats the part that baffles me

surley if he takes training everyday,,,he could choose his back 4 and drill the *** out of them,,,but instead he chops and changes

ask any professional manager,pundit,player,,,,they will look at this sqaud and say"its a decent team"

so for me there is no excuse,,,,if megson s unable to get into the players head and motivate them,,,then he is a poor manager,,,,end of

We were in terminal decline before megson came, tbh, irvine should have been sacked a month earlier, but wasn't because MM wanted to lose his trigger man label...

that ended up with irvive going out and spending the t/f window money on players (and we've all seen them) megson would have to cope with...add them to the dad's army signed in the summer and...

After all the self-righteous squealing you did about me supposedly distorting the truth by merely pointing out that we'd been achieving relegation level results for the last 22 games of Irvine's tenure (which is of course perfectly true no matter how much it upsets you) and were getting worse, I must allow myself a wry smile to see you being rather more disingenuous with the repeating of this kind of misleading stuff.

The precipitous decline was well under way before Megson arrived, and you are just as aware of that as I am. For example, in his last 6 league games with us we fell by no fewer than 10 positions in the table.

We were in terminal decline before megson came, tbh, irvine should have been sacked a month earlier, but wasn't because MM wanted to lose his trigger man label...

that ended up with irvive going out and spending the t/f window money on players (and we've all seen them) megson would have to cope with...add them to the dad's army signed in the summer and...

so madine and osbourne are bad players?

or are they an improvement on what we had?

for me they are an improvement

reynolds,morrsion,r,jhonson,,are long term buys,who will take time to settle into a club,,,,

this same back four minus purse,,,,,had the best defensive record of all teams for most of the season,,so what has changed?

as we know,,,,we had to get rid of purse cos of the contract dispute,,,,,,

they will also need good coaching to help them improve,,,,,,,irvine is that type of coach,,,,,,

megson can blame the players,call the fans wa\nkers ect......

but the simple fact remains,,,he inherited a team in a comfotable midtable position(8points behind with 2 games in hand on 6th,with plenty of games to go),,,and has lost 8 out f 11,,,,,an appaling record,

in these 11 games,he has picked the team,,,prepared them,,so its only fair that he is responsible dont you think?

Guest Big Guns

so madine and osbourne are bad players?

or are they an improvement on what we had?

for me they are an improvement

reynolds,morrsion,r,jhonson,,are long term buys,who will take time to settle into a club,,,,

this same back four minus purse,,,,,had the best defensive record of all teams for most of the season,,so what has changed?

as we know,,,,we had to get rid of purse cos of the contract dispute,,,,,,

they will also need good coaching to help them improve,,,,,,,irvine is that type of coach,,,,,,

megson can blame the players,call the fans wa\nkers ect......

but the simple fact remains,,,he inherited a team in a comfotable midtable position(8points behind with 2 games in hand on 6th,with plenty of games to go),,,and has lost 8 out f 11,,,,,an appaling record,

in these 11 games,he has picked the team,,,prepared them,,so its only fair that he is responsible dont you think?

leftear ,irvines gone sacked ,bulleted ,elbowed for the 2nd season running why ,cos hes a crap manager now move on get over it ,no amount of rambling on here is going to change the fact hes fooked us big time and will be remembered as one of the worst managers in our history time to move on leftfookinear.

Even though the results got steadily worse last season and were doing so again this season?

:dry:

megson can... call the fans wa\nkers ect

WTF ?

So who was to blame for us falling from 2nd to 12th in the space of six games and getting routed by Exeter rumbleing City and Leyton tw@tting Orient along the way?

leftear ,irvines gone sacked ,bulleted ,elbowed for the 2nd season running why ,cos hes a crap manager now move on get over it ,no amount of rambling on here is going to change the fact hes fooked us big time and will be remembered as one of the worst managers in our history time to move on leftfookinear.

i think if irvine was to read half of what lefttestees writes about him...he'd be embarrassed...

Its clear that this team as a whole has lost the plot since december. I have no idea who to blame but as the OP says, if we continue to be negative, just like the players,it becomes self fulfilling. Once the tension kicks in at home in a crucial 6 pointer vs swindon etc were fooked.

Hopefully we can make some noise, get a goal or two whilst were on top. Once were safe we can gut the players as much as we like.

I've just been reading this site with a draining feeling.

All these threads about how we're going to get relegated. All this get rid of Megson mentality. All moaning this and moaning that.

Hypocrites. You talk about players having fight being the problem with our club. Half of our fans seem to have the same mentality or worse.

Where is your fight when you're already giving up the ghost. Where is your fight when all you can do is moan. Getting behind the team in their hour of need is what is needed, not maoning and booing and shouting for the head of the manager after 6 weeks in charge.

What makes anyone believe that sacking the manager after six weeks is going to be a positive move in developing our club. Brainless.

Megson needs time and support and if you're just going to moan and shout then you're part of the problem rather than the solution.

It is time, we have moaned like fckery cos its gone pear shaped, heaped the blame where we believe it lies...slagged the players and generally groaned our way through a p*ss poor season.

I have done it, most sat around me at Hillsborough have done it...and I blame no-one for having done it..its simply been purgatory...But Wednesday fans now have to do what we have had to do so many times before..Get the fvckin' flags out...The club really ought to sort summatt out with that ..and crank up the atmosphere..Its time for unwavering support..We have to avoid dropping out of flipping sight...it is a real probability...Bring to Hillsborough what we take to away grounds all over the country.....come the close season, get the fvckin' dirty washing out.....for the rst of this season we simply not have to put up with the fvckin' smelly undercrakers..We have to sniff the bleedin' things and pretend we love it

I've just been reading this site with a draining feeling.

All these threads about how we're going to get relegated. All this get rid of Megson mentality. All moaning this and moaning that.

Hypocrites. You talk about players having fight being the problem with our club. Half of our fans seem to have the same mentality or worse.

Where is your fight when you're already giving up the ghost. Where is your fight when all you can do is moan. Getting behind the team in their hour of need is what is needed, not maoning and booing and shouting for the head of the manager after 6 weeks in charge.

What makes anyone believe that sacking the manager after six weeks is going to be a positive move in developing our club. Brainless.

Megson needs time and support and if you're just going to moan and shout then you're part of the problem rather than the solution.

Guest totemowl

What you've got to remember is that leftear only started with his unstinting support of Irvine after Irvine had taken us down to 10th, after getting 2 points from a possible 15. This became 2 from 18 before he was sacked.

Megson then came in and got 7 from 18, but despite this leftear has always been highly critical of Megson but full of praise for Irvine.

His reasoning defies logic. I think he must have an emotional issue.

Maybe the club should ask the fans to write to the players to ask them to play better, as they did in the dying embers of last season.

I will never forget the Owlstalk thread that followed - an all time classic before it was pulled.