Under 8's Free Ticket?

I have gone to purchase my season ticket today and added my daughter to the Friends and Family list. I want to get her a season ticket for next season as well.

When I got to add seats I click on the Friends and Family button I see her name in their but I can't select her, so at the checkout it just shows as two adult tickets. Where am I going wrong?

I have gone to purchase my season ticket today and added my daughter to the Friends and Family list. I want to get her a season ticket for next season as well.

When I got to add seats I click on the Friends and Family button I see her name in their but I can't select her, so at the checkout it just shows as two adult tickets. Where am I going wrong?

I have managed to add it as a under 8's ticket but it wanting to charge me £40 for the honour, I was under the impression it was Free? Any reason why this would be showing as £40 for this ticket?

Edited by De Bilde

Guest intercity0wl

I have managed to add it as a under 8's ticket but it wanting to charge me £40 for the honour, I was under the impression it was Free? Any reason why this would be showing as £40 for this ticket?

Aas far as i know the free tickets can only be got in the Ticket Office

OK so I am best renewing On line with mine and then going to the ticket office to get the young ones?

Yep, that's the best way to do it. Secure your seat and then go into the ticket office to sort the free Under-8s one. You'll need proof of eligability (i.e. Birth Certificate).

This is rubbish. I have a child membership for my lad (aged 6) and I am sure I had to give proof to get this. The system should allow me to get a free season ticket using the number on his card, but it does not. I cannot get to the ground today, so I am just not going to get a season ticket myself. Over two days I have tried to get through to the ticket office, and to be on hold for 10 minutes and then been cut off becasuse its busy, this is also rubbish.

I have emailed the ticket office without any joy. Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish way to run a business

I purchased on-line and paid £40 for my son. He's six. Fortunately, I ran into a relative before the County game and he pointed out that my son will be seven soon, not eight. Yes, I am that thick/ignorant. Queried it with the ticket office and it reimbursed my credit card.

All free tickets have to be redeemed in person at the ticket office and can't be done online.

Remember to take proof of eligibility (e.g. birth certificate) in order to claim your ticket (even if you have had free tickets in the past, you still need to provide proof every year).

DJayOne

The receipt i have got back from the club clearly shows that it has gone through at a cost of £0. I assume that his seat has not now joined the available list

The ticket office have his birth certificate on file twice from the last two years. He is still only 5 so does not look no where near 8

Why do i have to go down to the ticket office again.

DJayOne

The receipt i have got back from the club clearly shows that it has gone through at a cost of £0. I assume that his seat has not now joined the available list

The ticket office have his birth certificate on file twice from the last two years. He is still only 5 so does not look no where near 8

Why do i have to go down to the ticket office again.

It's a policy in place to have to re-apply each season for free seats, therefore you need to re-submit eligibility. This has always been the case and is in place for various reasons.

I have had the same experience as Dronfield_SWFC,

Renewed last year (10/11) on line for my self and U8 and only charged for one adult ticket

Renewed this year (11/12) on line and moved seats and only charged for one adult ticket - Both our old seats are now showing as free, and the new ones as unavailable to purchase.

And to be honest I dont recall showing my sons birth certificate for the season previous (09/10) when I initially bought a season ticket for him at the ticket office.

I renewed my ticket and my 3 year old's online, and he's had one for the last 2 seasons. Email receipt clearly shows mine at £392 and his at £0.00. (frankly I think even his is overpriced for the rubbish served up, I live in fear of being locked up by the NSPCC).

I reckon the having to provide proof of eligibility in person is for "new" free season ticket holders and not existing ones/renewals?

I renewed my ticket and my 3 year old's online, and he's had one for the last 2 seasons. Email receipt clearly shows mine at £392 and his at £0.00. (frankly I think even his is overpriced for the rubbish served up, I live in fear of being locked up by the NSPCC).

I reckon the having to provide proof of eligibility in person is for "new" free season ticket holders and not existing ones/renewals?

It's not. I'm trying to renew and it wants to charge me £40.

Guest intercity0wl

It's not. I'm trying to renew and it wants to charge me £40.

Does seem odd to have to do it afresh every year after proof of entitlement has been shown once, after all the age of the child will only increase by exactly one year on his/ her birthday, but of course this is (like the flags) SWFC policies we are tlking about.

Obviously then, there is either a fault with the website, which sometimes allows renewals for U8's to be processed as FOC and other times not, or there are two different methods being used to renew.

My son is listed as a Friend & Family on my ticket,

I logged in with my client id, selected season ticket renewal options, both myself and son were listed as being able to renew, I selected two seats (as I moved seats this year) and it was all processed as one adult and one FOC U8.

Is this £40 because it's trying to set up a pay in installments deal (even though it should be free)? It was coming up with that initially for mine, but when I said "no thanks" as I was paying the balance all at once (my £392 ticket and his free one), it disappeared.

Or maybe it's because the first deadline has passed?