front two from now on

Guest swfc boothy

Guest swfc boothy

who would you go for ?

Personaly i would pick madine and heff as Alan is refusing to change his style of play and madine fits it the best, also heff deserves his chance after showing what he can do today, his movment off the ball was as good as when he was on it SIMPLEY CLASS. Saying this Morrison has been playing well and his passion for the game is tremendouse, he is one off the smartest players we have its just a shame he does not get the service. Mellors form has dipped recently but he can be a match winner. for his size IMO he does not win enough in the air, he puts himself about alot though .

Edited by swfc boothy

Guest swfc boothy

i think irvine will try and bring madine on as he is young and has the ability to go on and be a good striker and at the right age too.imo i think mellor will go back to preston in the summer.

if we are really building for the future than i cant see mellor staying here for too long

who would you go for ?

Personaly i would pick madine and heff as Alan is refusing to change his style of play and madine fits it the best, also heff deserves his chance after showing what he can do today, his movment off the ball was as good as when he was on it SIMPLEY CLASS. Saying this Morrison has been playing well and his passion for the game is tremendouse, he is one off the smartest players we have its just a shame he does not get the service. Mellors form has dipped recently but he can be a match winner. for his size IMO he does not win enough in the air, he puts himself about alot though .

When did we last have this problem - four good strikers on the books (for the level that we are playing at)....

Thanks Uncle Milan

Guest swfc boothy

When did we last have this problem - four good strikers on the books (for the level that we are playing at)....

Thanks Uncle Milan

IM LOVING IT!

Guest wrightson

It should simply be the players that are playing well and scoring the goals. For the next game i would stick with the same but if madine comes on and scores then he should start for whoever plays the worst. But we need to review it each game because we dont have an established front two like most of the teams above us have at this stage of the season have

Mellor never quite looks fully fit for me, he was blowing hard after 5 minutes against Orient.

Been really impressed with Gary Madine so far.

He's one of very few players who can hold their heads up high after the Yeovil and Orient games.

The fact that he's been signed on a four year deal at his age suggests he's a development player but i'd like to see him lead the line, particularly at this level.

It is a real dilemma as to who supports him though, i think it will be Clinton for now, he's a leader, and most importantly, a top striker.

Heff played well today as usual but just has to keep going the way he is and take his chances when they come.

It is nice to have a choice of 4 quality strikers though, long may that continue.

Guest owlinlincs

I would like to see 3 up top heff and morrison with madine just behind them doing the grunt work.Then have jj coke and teale in the midfield and jones reynolds THE RADIATOR and morrison at the back.That way we could keep the ball on the floor and attack attack attack or if all else fails just pump it long for madine to win flick ons

I still see Mellor & Morrison as our best two and as our top scorers they tend to back it up they just need service which should come if we play JJ and Teale regular.

Madine and Heffernan giving us the option to either play direct ot play it short. Add two quality wingers and a central midfield prepared to bust a bo11ock to cover every blade of grass we could have a lot of variation instead of our predictable easy to defend against football.

Of course its the quality wingers we miss out on but the abilty to mix up what the opposition is defending against creates space to exploit. If Hefs drops deep for a ball does the defeder marking him follow or allow a midfielder to pick him up? Give Coke license to get beyond the forwards who picks him up. If the former happens and Madine goes wider what does the other central defender do? Go with him creating loads of space downt he middle or leave his fullbcak with two players?

Variation that is all we want to see, make the opposition think.

Morrison and Madine didn't work against Orient.

Mellor and Madine didn't work against Yeovil.

On the above I'd play Madine and Heffernan against Peterborough.

If I was a betting man though, I'd put money on it being Morrison and Madine on Tuesday night.

Guest domSWFC

Madine and Heff with Morrison playing just off the strikers in a "Gerrard Role".

Might sound daft but Morrison has got good vision and can link up with the midfield and forwards well.

Madine and Heff with Morrison playing just off the strikers in a "Gerrard Role".

Might sound daft but Morrison has got good vision and can link up with the midfield and forwards well.

:laugh: :laugh:

Tough one though.

Heffernan deserved his chance yesterday, but though he makes some intelligent runs and can finish, his touch is awful and leads to us giving the ball away stupidly when we're in good attacking positions. Morrison doesn't hold the ball up well enough for me and is prone to the odd horrendous miss. That said he's a leader and an intelligent player, and perhaps with some confidence he will start finding the right positions in the box. Mellor hustles and bustles and must be horrible to play against, but I just don't think he's good enough at finding the net. And Madine showed a flash of promise with his goal v yeovil but also went missing for long periods- we will have to wait and see.

Would pick Madine and Morrison on Tuesday- Heffernan to come off the bench again, but I'd prefer us to sign an intelligent striker with pace and good first touch really. If we want any chance of automatic still we will need to splash out 1m plus on a lethal striker in the next couple of days.