PROTEST TUESDAY

It was the result of a poll on talksport this morning that out of all the four division AI was most likely to be the next manager to go, but as i said was only a poll

Ahh, that explains it then. gonads, he got my hopes up there. Time to send an abusive txt to my (ex) friend!

When this club was minutes away from going out of existence, the fans couldn't even be arsed to rally round and protest then.

So why would they protest over such an insignificant issue over a manager's sacking.

The apathy shown by Wednesday fans during the whole takeover/liquidation saga, made me realise...the majority of Wednesday fans just don't care about the club and its politics. As long as they've got something to do on a Saturday afternoon...they'll always be happy.

Someone could try and organise a protest, but it'll be a damp squid.

Guest Distraught!

When this club was minutes away from going out of existence, the fans couldn't even be arsed to rally round and protest then.

So why would they protest over such an insignificant issue over a manager's sacking.

The apathy shown by Wednesday fans during the whole takeover/liquidation saga, made me realise...the majority of Wednesday fans just don't care about the club and its politics. As long as they've got something to do on a Saturday afternoon...they'll always be happy.

Someone could try and organise a protest, but it'll be a damp squid.

The difference here is that the manager is purely a football related matter. Most of the fanbase don't care about politics or boardroom matters and some don't even understand or know the issues. But every single member of the fanbase cares about matters on the field (even Talon is purported to).

A protest can be something as simply as hurling abuse or giving him dirty looks as he walks down the touchline. Everybody has different ways to show feelings.

The difference here is that the manager is purely a football related matter. Most of the fanbase don't care about politics or boardroom matters and some don't even understand or know the issues. But every single member of the fanbase cares about matters on the field (even Talon is purported to).

A protest can be something as simply as hurling abuse or giving him dirty looks as he walks down the touchline. Everybody has different ways to show feelings.

It was quite simple.

The club was minutes away from going to the wall. These fans "only interested in football" wouldn't have had a football team to watch.

And still, we could only muster a couple of hundred fans at the protest.

Sheffield Wednesday fans are not interested in getting their hands dirty...the majority see clapping when things aren't going well, as a true test of fanism.

Guest Distraught!

It was quite simple.

The club was minutes away from going to the wall. These fans "only interested in football" wouldn't have had a football team to watch.

Sheffield Wednesday fans are not interested in getting their hands dirty...the majority see clapping when things aren't going well, as a true test of fanism.

But don't you think that most people although obviously holding strong feelings about the matter believed that this kind of protest would achieve nothing?

I don't argue that most of the fans will not get involved in things like "shoes off" protests but I bet there are plenty in the crowd that would be willing to let Irvine know just what they feel about the football. Most will just use their mouths to do the communicating whether it be boos or abuse. Normally, I would never condone this kind of behaviour but there has to be a tipping point and that has arrived and gone. Mandaric will act on the feelings of the fans because they represent a return on his investment!

Edited by Distraught!

I am 150% against irvine out chants during the game

mainly because our role of supporters during a game can really help the mentality of some of the players so projecting negativity at them may cause problems

so during the game lets give our full support to the club we love

and after the game we can boo the manager, if he is still here

Guest pembo55

Why do people always say that? There not children.

Couldn't agree more there adults and don't see why it affects them being able to play its not aimed at the its the manager!

Guest intercity0wl

if yeovil score first on tuesday then AI will get the treatment he deserves

the boos will be deafening

totally embarrassing for all

i hope it doesn't come to that

No they wont if supporters want to support the team to try and overcome and overturn going behind, but if at the end of 90 minutes another poor performance has been witnessed then thats a totally different matter.

No they wont if supporters want to support the team to try and overcome and overturn going behind, but if at the end of 90 minutes another poor performance has been witnessed then thats a totally different matter.

of course the supporters want to support the team, but everybody is at their wits end

purse paid for his inept performances and after witnessing the treatment dished out to him in his last game, i can honestly see people giving Irvine some of the same

a goal by yeovil will be the tipping point

WE WANT IRVINE OUT SAY WE WANT IRVINE OUT

Got to happen from start to finish irrespective of the score.

Ok it may effect the players.......personally I think it will lift pressure on players as we wont be getting on to them.

Even with what should be a win on tuesday (as long as Heff plays) IRVINE should still get the treatment.

His faiure to recognise Heff as our main striker deserves not only the sack but to be exiled from football FOREVER WORLDWIDE !!

Maybe thats a little strong but I am livid with the underachieving prat.

Guest scott_andrew_william

It was quite simple.

Even if you got all the fans together, it wouldn't have made much of a difference, not everyone's a multi-millionaire. But most people on here are fans, the club was mismanaged for a long time, you can't expect the fans' for run the club. We all wanted change in that boardroom and there was nothing we could do but wait.

Even if you got all the fans together, it wouldn't have made much of a difference, not everyone's a multi-millionaire. But most people on here are fans, the club was mismanaged for a long time, you can't expect the fans' for run the club. We all wanted change in that boardroom and there was nothing we could do but wait.

That wasn't what the protest was about.

It wasn't a whip round, and the biggest donator ran the club.

Did you not follow the events that could have seen this club fall into the abyss?