Step Forward

Gianfranco-Zola-the-West--001.jpg

We need a BIG name.

We aren't going to get a big name with a proven track record.

But I think Milan could attract a big name manager with experience at the highest level.

The fact that his mates Di Matteo and Poyet have managed at this level (at much smaller clubs) could be a key reason why Zola would come here.

Just got in from Leyton and I'm gonna reply to every thread on here. I'm not wasting any more of my money until that nobhead is out of here. I have no badges but I could have made a better job of it than tailface

Didn't realise you meant reply with exactly the same post!

Zola wouldnt be a bad shout to be fair.

I dont think Poyet would leave Brighton, a promotion would look better on his CV than to leave the league leaders to a mid-table team struggling. Even if we are a bigger club.

Zola would be my ideal choice to replace Irvine.

I never comment on the Irvine out threads, but enough is enough, we cant go on how we are we, need a change immediatly.

So p1ssed off today, after the new signings was hopeful things were changing but same old flipping wednesday.

IRVINE OUT.

I really admire Zola as a person. I'd want Chris Hughton before him though if possible.

Milan Mandaric needs to get the fans back at Hillsborough. To achieve that, three things need to happen.

Firstly, the clown currently in charge needs to go. We all know that now.

Secondly, we need results. We need success. We need something to get excited about.

Thirdly, we need to appoint a manager who will instantly get fans back at Hillsborough. There's plenty of managers who could do that. From Big Ron to Martin O'Neill. However, a lot those names won't yield results, a new approach off and on the pitch or won't be interested in coming. Hughton doesn't fulfil this. He might be a shrewd appointment, and Hughton might become a decent manager. I'm not convinced, but regardless...his appointment won't excite fans. He's not a big name.

Zola is a massive personality and a likeable character throughout football. He would put thousands on the gate immediately. And more importantly, he would instigate a fresh outlook on the footballing side of things, and would be interested in coming. He would be like Poyet...but an even bigger name. He was criticised for the job he did at West Ham...but looking at how Grant is struggling this season, perhaps the job he did there (his first managerial post) was underestimated.

Zola could bring us the results, the success and something to get excited about.

I'd completely forgot about Aldridge's connection with West Ham...this could be yet another crucial piece to getting Zola here. C'mon Milan, make it happen!

Milan Mandaric needs to get the fans back at Hillsborough. To achieve that, three things need to happen.

Firstly, the clown currently in charge needs to go. We all know that now.

Secondly, we need results. We need success. We need something to get excited about.

Thirdly, we need to appoint a manager who will instantly get fans back at Hillsborough. There's plenty of managers who could do that. From Big Ron to Martin O'Neill. However, a lot those names won't yield results, a new approach off and on the pitch or won't be interested in coming. Hughton doesn't fulfil this. He might be a shrewd appointment, and Hughton might become a decent manager. I'm not convinced, but regardless...his appointment won't excite fans. He's not a big name.

Zola is a massive personality and a likeable character throughout football. He would put thousands on the gate immediately. And more importantly, he would instigate a fresh outlook on the footballing side of things, and would be interested in coming. He would be like Poyet...but an even bigger name. He was criticised for the job he did at West Ham...but looking at how Grant is struggling this season, perhaps the job he did there (his first managerial post) was underestimated.

Zola could bring us the results, the success and something to get excited about.

I'd completely forgot about Aldridge's connection with West Ham...this could be yet another crucial piece to getting Zola here. C'mon Milan, make it happen!

Just had a quick look into it and sadly I think Aldridge had left West Ham by the time Zola was appointed. He was there for the appointments of Roeder and Pardew, maybe Curbishley.

Although I do agree with you choice, him or SOD but I can't see that happening.

Out of all the big names mentioned i'd go for Big sam but doubt he'd come so HUGHTON the man

Ambition...

Hughton would be an utterly underwhelming appointment.

Hughton has become a "better" manager purely because of the way he was sacked. He managed to get Newcastle promoted with the biggest budget EVER in the Championship and the best squad the Championship has ever witnessed.