More Irvine B0ll0x

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I've been giving him a break for 12 months....

Pace was required today against the oldest and least mobile centreback partnership in the division.

He made the same mistake in the game at their place.

Who's the fool?

Yep shocking tactics to keep lumping long balls downt the throat of Dailly & Doherty eat & drink for them. This was Irvines fault and his alone if he takes as much notice of the opposition as he says then how could he not spot that? Teale & Johnson out wide with with Miller bombing in to box should have been tactic get there back 4 turned.

Also why take Teale off and leave Sedgy on?

Cracking 2nd half perfomance though but how long will he persist with Purse?

Guest arobert

Yep shocking tactics to keep lumping long balls downt the throat of Dailly & Doherty eat & drink for them. This was Irvines fault and his alone if he takes as much notice of the opposition as he says then how could he not spot that? Teale & Johnson out wide with with Miller bombing in to box should have been tactic get there back 4 turned.

Also why take Teale off and leave Sedgy on?

Cracking 2nd half perfomance though but how long will he persist with Purse?

Guest arobert

Automatic promotion is starting to look an impossibility.

That was Irvine's brief.

Milan, please get rid of the boring nonentity now.

"...I told them I was extremely annoyed...."

AI to Rob Staton just now describing his half-time team talk.

:laugh:

Did you see the interview on Player?

He said that with a smile on his face, and the reporters chuckled obviously he was indicating he used language he couldn't repeat.

He also said, he told them they weren't moving off the ball and making themselves available, and were hiding and said we should've won the game.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Nothing wrong with the team selection tbf- it was the same team which hammered Bristol City last week.

It is not Irvine's fault that certain (very experienced as well) players cannot play well for more than one or two games at a time.

This wasn't a team like Bristol City nor was it a side that lost their young mobile centreback [Caulker] early doors.

This was a team that we had played earlier in the season with an experienced but slow backline.

I believe Irvines aftermatch interview on that day also contained the worn out response of 'we should have won the game'.....

"...I told them I was extremely annoyed...."

AI to Rob Staton just now describing his half-time team talk.

:laugh:

Unfair insinuation if you trying to put over that he actually did say that to the players at half time?

If you watch that interview on Wednesday player you will realize that, when asked the question "what did you say to them at half time".....He smiled, paused, thought about a answer and responded rather sarcastically "I told them I was extremely annoyed" as in......."What the hell do you think I said to them after a first half display like that" Do you expect him to say exactly what he said in public?

The ONLY game at Hillsbro' this season that we employed the right "home" team tactics was Bristol Rovers. The rest, win lose or draw, was as yesterday. Home team looking like away team, allow the opposition to play from the off and dictate the game.

The blame - Not the players, but the manager & the tactics.

If the great analyst does what he says he does and studies the opposition then employs a game plan to suit, please can someone explain to me "WHY HAVE WE SEEN THE SAME WEEK IN WEEK OUT?"