We need a new defender and striker!

Guest Owls93

Think we need more than one defender maybe 4! and with Tudgay scoring yesterday Forest will probebly buy him so i think we could do with 2/3 more strikers.... what do you think?

and Hello everyone im new to this :happy:

4 defenders? No. Buxton and Semi will be back soon. I'd at least like to see Semi - Buxton - Beevers - Jones. But we do need a new centre back as well, but I personally think that back four should be good enough for this league.

As for strikers regardless of Tudgay scoring it had already been agreed that he was going to Forest in January. I still think we only need 1 more striker as well. If Irvine realises that Hefferman is part of the squad that would give us 4 decent strikers (assuming he signs a decent one) and Johnson as a back up fifth but I want him back on the wing.

Oh and welcome.

Guest starrydave

If we could buy 1 player, I'd buy a centre back.

if we could buy 2 players, I would buy two centre backs.

if we could buy three players, I would buy 2 centre backs and a left back.

if we could buy 4 players, I would buy three centre backs and a right back.

THATS how BAD our defenders are at the moment!

Priority for me is a CB, a winger and a decent centre midfielder (though I'd still like to see Coke & Miller get a chance to play regularly together when possible).

I'd rather see us sign a good winger than a striker. We're strong enough up front but if Teale gets injured we will be seriously weakened. IMO JJ can be a liability on the wing, I'd rather he played up front. Sedgwick is too slow. After that who is there? Earlier in the season Coke & Miller had to play out wide. I'd rather we brought in a proper winger in the Teale mold, ideally a left footer for balance.

We need a centre back, a Shaun Derry type centre midfielder, and a striker.

In that order.

Similar but I would have 2 centre backs and the midfielder. On the basis we get a proper right back back from injury soon.

We are already moaning about Heffernan not getting a game, sign another striker and he will not make the bench.

We can always sign a striker later if we get injuries

Guest starrydave

effectively we have three and a half strikers available, so not a problem.

In midfield we could do with a strong box to box player.

In defence we need some real strength and grit, and some significant invesment to get decent players in that can provide it.

Three signings that would guarantee us promotion in my opinion. Smalley on loan from Man Utd and let him form a new centre back pairing with Spurr. Up front, swap Tudgay for Tyson. Someone suggested Earnshaw, nice idea but he is one of the first names on their teamsheet. Tyson on the other hand is not currently in the side and would offer pace and directness in attack, something we currently lack. Lastly. and I've said this before, make a cheeky offer for Darren Pratley who is out of the side at Swansea and is running down his contract. He is exactly the type of midfield player we need, big strong covers the centre halves and yet has the ability to make late runs into the box. Would get 15 goals a season for us. All the targets are ambitious I suppose but not impossible. We have the resources and I'm sure the chairman could plead our case.