We need a new defender and striker!

Guest Owls93

Three signings that would guarantee us promotion in my opinion. Smalley on loan from Man Utd and let him form a new centre back pairing with Spurr. Up front, swap Tudgay for Tyson. Someone suggested Earnshaw, nice idea but he is one of the first names on their teamsheet. Tyson on the other hand is not currently in the side and would offer pace and directness in attack, something we currently lack. Lastly. and I've said this before, make a cheeky offer for Darren Pratley who is out of the side at Swansea and is running down his contract. He is exactly the type of midfield player we need, big strong covers the centre halves and yet has the ability to make late runs into the box. Would get 15 goals a season for us. All the targets are ambitious I suppose but not impossible. We have the resources and I'm sure the chairman could plead our case.

If you mean Chris Smalling they only paid 10 mill for him and he is first choice if Ferdinand or Vidic gets injured. It is suggestions like that which make us look a laughing stock.

I agree Pratley would be good for us but he is obviously running his contract out and probably knows already where he is going so no chance.

Edited by oldishowl