Crystal Palace live on BBC?

I think someone at the BBC would have to lose their marbles to put the derby game on. They'd have to spend loads of extra cash and relegate either the rugby, snooker or F1 repeat to the red button to show a Sheffield derby - that even a committed fan like myself thinks is going to be an awful spectacle.

I don't think comparing those viewing figures is worthwhile for two reasons - firstly an FA Cup semi-final featuring, arguably, the biggest team in the world against another Premiership club is going to get large viewing figures. A game featuring two wee wee-poor Championship sides won't be worth the large additional cost. Secondly, the main consideration would be to contracts already signed and commited to and not a desperate attempt to get a few more viewers.

I hope they do show the game, but think the Palace game is more likely - as long as we are still in with a chance of staying up.

It all goes to show why i think the BBC are poo poo at football - Sky knock them senseless in how to treat the game

Why can't the game be shown on either Beeb 3 or 4 - or even the red button? Surely it can't take brains of NASA proportions to get 3 or 4 on air when it's normally off?

Not perfect but a solution

Which is how Sky would handle it

But Sky are Sky and the beeb are rubbish

It all goes to show why i think the BBC are poo poo at football - Sky knock them senseless in how to treat the game

Why can't the game be shown on either Beeb 3 or 4 - or even the red button? Surely it can't take brains of NASA proportions to get 3 or 4 on air when it's normally off?

But don't sky have a larger budget for such events ?

and they also don't have to justify their decisions to numerous authorities

If we're talking internationally, the World Snooker final attracts about 600m viewers. It's MASSIVE in China and Thailand (and Malta). I stand by my point that Ronnie O'Sullivan vs. My dead grandma would pull in three times the viewers a Second Division football match would. I agree that it could be shown on Bbc3, but we all know the proles need their Eastenders omnibus...

BBC3 & 4 dont start whilst 7pm (I presume their frequency is used by other channels during the day, Children's probably, so no chance of them coming on early)

As for Red Button i know for a fact that for F1, Qualifying and the Race have to be on BBC1 (apart from important events like the Pope last Sunday). Only Practice can be on the red button. Not sure about Snooker but as posted above they are already contracted to show these sports. Remember that Sky is a dedicated sports channel (i agree they do a great job) whereas the BBC have other programmes to consider. They already have live F1, F1 repeat and Snooker scheduled in for Sunday before and during the game so a balance has to be met with other programmes.

I'm just commenting in general how poo poo the beeb are at football

They may as well have renamed their CCC coverage as The Newcastle Utd Channel for one - its the sort of populist poo poo that the likes of ITV do - but they have an excuse

I have no problem with the beeb showing the events they do - but they should leave football alone if they just wanna insult the fans as they do with their inane scheduling and that complete embarrassment of a programme on saturday nights - and the football programme that follows should be on the Horror Channel its so shocking

Edited by scram

BBC3 & 4 dont start whilst 7pm (I presume their frequency is used by other channels during the day, Children's probably, so no chance of them coming on early)

those two entries should not be used together !

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I'm just commenting in general how poo poo the beeb are at football

They may as well have renamed their CCC coverage as The Newcastle Utd Channel for one - its the sort of populist poo poo that the likes of ITV do - but they have an excuse

I have no problem with the beeb showing the events they do - but they should leave football alone if they wanna insult the fans as they do with their inane scheduling at that complete embarrassment of a programme on saturday nights - and the football programme that follows should be on the Horror Channel its so shocking

Lets be fair they are doing a better job of the Football League on free to air TV than ITV managed over the last few years, with that being relegated to early Sunday Morning (half the time goals were not even shown for all the clubs!!!)

At least it won't happen in front of 5,500 oinkers

oh god... im going to be a mess this weekend

keep the faith mon ami

the only thing I have total, unswerving, steadfast and unquestionable faith in, is the ability of this current squad to be consistently rumbleing poo poo over the course of an entire season.

connards

Edited by Brownlad

oh god... im going to be a mess this weekend

the only thing I have total, unswerving, steadfast and unquestionable faith in, is the ability of this current squad to be consistently rumbleing poo poo over the course of an entire season.

connards

:laugh:

Sadly, I have to agree, my faith is more in hope than any expectation