Crystal Palace live on BBC?

I thought it was pretty good of the BBC to write long reply explaining their decisions. And considering they have only one game left to show does it make sense to pick a game that is on at the same time as their world snooker championships coverage?

If I was a neutral the Owls v Palace relegation decider would be the one I would want to watch rather than the derby because no-one gives a throw about that outside Sheffield lets face it.

What if we're already down and all relegaton and promotion issues are sorted? Be a poor choice of games to put on red button.

/kivotivity

A decision wont be made until the Tuesday before the game so its not definate yet!!!

The problem will the Derby game is that the BBC will be contracted to show the snooker that afternoon already, im guessing the other BBC channel has to show Eastenders!!! :biggrin: Being the BBC they have to offer a balance i guess, especially with F1 being on as well earlier in the morning, plus i dont know what else is scheduled for that day. The final day is different because snooker doesn't start whilst 3pm that afternoon (after the matches are completed) and there's no F1 either that Sunday.

A decision wont be made until the Tuesday before the game so its not definate yet!!!

The problem will the Derby game is that the BBC will be contracted to show the snooker that afternoon already, im guessing the other BBC channel has to show Eastenders!!! :biggrin: Being the BBC they have to offer a balance i guess, especially with F1 being on as well earlier in the morning, plus i dont know what else is scheduled for that day. The final day is different because snooker doesn't start whilst 3pm that afternoon (after the matches are completed) and there's no F1 either that Sunday.

Cheers. Didnt get my head round selection dates etc.

As has been said, if we've something to play for and people choose to stay at home its a very poor show indeed.

The first flipping round of it though, that's my qualm- it's not an exciting final is it...it's going to be someone good absolutely hammering some no-hoper and not losing a frame in doing so.

They only needed 2 hours to show the Steel City Derby- as has been said, just stick the snooker on the red button for a few hours and everyone is happy.

Is that the snooker or the derby? :sad:

The BBC have been absolutely appalling in their choice of games this season.

How can teams like West Brom and Newcastle get three games each so far this season, and Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and Middlesbrough all get two each when sides like Sheffield United and Wednesday haven't even been on once?

Not a single game featuring a side from the four South Yorkshire clubs has been shown so far. That's pretty disgusting when the BBC's mandate doesn't require them to go chasing ratings figures like Sky and ITV have to.

For the most part they've not even been good looking games on paper either. Want more derbys etc.

( 1 ) West Bromwich Albion v Newcasle United - Fair enough 2 teams just relegated from the premiership - likely to be a top of the table clash and it is first weekend

( 2 ) Ipswich Town v Newcastle United - Newcastle twice in a row? So much for being neutral

( 3 ) Derby County v Queens Park Rangers - Any history?

( 4 ) Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest - Likely to be a playoff clash. But wouldn't Forest v Derby and cardiff v swansea have been better fixtures? Aslo see match 8

( 5 ) Newcastle United v Middlesbrough - Can almost have accepted this if it was the THIRD barcode match

( 6 ) Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion

( 7 ) Leicester City v Coventry City - Decent derby

( 8 ) Nottingham Forest v Cardiff CIty THE SAME MATCH THE SECOND TIME?

( 9 ) West Bromwich Albion v Middlesbrough - Both teams beeen on before - WBA twice

10. SW v CP - Good end of season relegation clash - likely to be one of about 2 matches which still mean something.

The BBC have 10 matches. Enough to show 20 out of 24 teams. If they were impatial this is what they should have done.

They have only shown 13 teams

six of the ten matches on paper are sh!t.

You'd be surprised how many tough matches there are in the first round.

Like I said, it's the world championship, it means more to everybody else outside of sheffield than our match against the pigs.

It's only stupid snooker though.

Not even a sport!