Crystal Palace live on BBC?

I think I'm right in saying that in all the years that the BBC has shown live football, including cup games and even league matches back in the 80s, this would be the first time that we've ever been shown live on there, apart from the FA Cup Final.

It would be typical if this game did make it on telly.

a) I live away and am actually able to get to this game...why cant they put one on that I was never going to be able to make :biggrin::rolleyes:

b) kind of undermines the whole, get everyone down to support the team message; and

c) cue a whole nation potentially seeing us relegated on telly.

I think I'm right in saying that in all the years that the BBC has shown live football, including cup games and even league matches back in the 80s, this would be the first time that we've ever been shown live on there, apart from the FA Cup Final.

I remember a home cup tie to Wimbledon, which we lost to a Dean Holdsworth goal

Nah we've been on loads of times before, Arsenal, Southampton and Spurs in the League in the 80s, Cup Q Final against Wimbledon about 15 years ago...plus others i cant remember!!!

Edited by mark77

Nah we've been on loads of times before, Arsenal, Southampton and Spurs in the League in the 80s, Cup Q Final against Wimbledon about 15 years ago...plus others i cant remember!!!

Possibly that Wimbledon game, as previously stated, but those other games you mention were all broadcast on ITV.

Even the pigs have been shown on BBC quite a few times for FA Cup games, I can remember at least 4 off the top of my head.

A bit of an ignorant opinion.

Bit of ammunition for you Kivo.......... Do you know that in 2 of the last 5 years, the TV audience to watch the world snooker final, was higher than the FA cup final ? ?

Bit of ammunition for you Kivo.......... Do you know that in 2 of the last 5 years, the TV audience to watch the world snooker final, was higher than the FA cup final ? ?

Oi flip off!

Is that the combined Sky/Setanta and ITV/BBC audience for the Cup Final?

Guest CambridgeOwl69

If its on tele we might as well accept relegation.

With our record of national humiliation on the box, the nation watching the demise of our great club just about tops off my season!

Apologies for negativity

Oi flip off!

Is that the combined Sky/Setanta and ITV/BBC audience for the Cup Final?

:laugh:

sorry and all !!!

Yep

Nearly 9million people tune in to watch the snooker final.......... granted the average age of the viewer will probably be about 96, but it is very popular.

Not as popular as the Higgins / Davis days..... IIRC, that was watched by a staggering 19 million people !!!

Guest Anglofile

If for some strange reason it was televised (Sky), would it appear on FoxSoccer in US or is there some way to tap into an international feed in case of the BBC??

Joe

ITV1's live coverage of Manchester United's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Everton attracted an average of more than 6 million viewers yesterday, Sunday 19 April, with a peak of 8.2 million viewers during the penalty shoot-out.

The network's ratings peaked at 8.2 million viewers and a 44% share for the last quarter hour from 6.30pm, while its overall coverage of normal time, extra time and the penalty shoot-out drew an average of 6.3 million viewers between 4pm and 6.45pm.

The channel's entire afternoon of football between 3.15pm and 6.45pm including all the pre- and post-match punditry averaged 5.3 million viewers and a 40% share, according to unofficial overnights.

The football easily won the slot, while the next most popular programme was Channel 4's Deal or No Deal, which pulled in 1.2 million viewers and a 9% share between 4.45pm and 5.30pm. An additional 103,000 watched Deal or No Deal an hour later on digital catchup service Channel 4 +1.

BBC2's World Snooker coverage averaged 700,000 viewers between 2.30pm and 5.30pm on BBC2; while the EastEnders omnibus pulled in 1.1 million between 3.05pm and 5pm on BBC1.

Not to mention the fact that Man U v Chelsea in the final attracted a worldwide audience of 484m - the highest viewing figures for any domestic sporting event in the world and dwarfing the likes of F1, The Superbowl and errr snooker

Viewing figures for the World Championship final in May between John Higgins and Mark Selby were over 8 million
Paradoxically, snooker's television coverage remains high (1,900 hours annually on all platforms) and ratings respectable. Amazingly, twice in the last four years the Crucible final has beaten the FA Cup final.

Source: betfair

Cheers scram :smile:

aint that just one year Scram is talking about ?

Might have been a good FA cup final and shocking snooker final...........

Still, there's data and stats to support either notion !!

The Data in Scam's post compare's an FA Cup Semi Final and a 1st Round Snooker match....

Weren't you talking about 2 out of the last 5?

Which means, by definition, that there were more viewers for the football in the other 3.

I win!