Donny's ST approach

I am today I'm afraid. I really cant see us surviving. Not like me, I'm normally cautiously optimistic but pretend to be pessimistic to lessen the blow. Now I'm just truly down.

poo innit!!

Someone hit the nail on the head for me the other day on an aspect of all this that really worries me.. They said if we do go down League 1 won't have the novelty value it sort of had last time. I think that's true and I can see the attendances falling through the floor to be honest - God knows what happens then.

poo innit!!

Someone hit the nail on the head for me the other day on an aspect of all this that really worries me.. They said if we do go down League 1 won't have the novelty value it sort of had last time. I think that's true and I can see the attendances falling through the floor to be honest - God knows what happens then.

I'll still go. There'll just be less of us there. (We should shut the grandstand for a start, as well as LL upper.) I really feel sorry for Lee, he's been badly let down, as have we all, by the spineless fookers who step onto the pitch. Typical Wednesday though, its never all good. If by some miracle we werent in this position we'd no doubt have an injury list as long as your arm. Theres always summat.

because it'd have to run for two years at least Nigel, provididng we win League One next year

And even if we do stay up, who really believes we're going to be challenging for promotion next season ?

I've no idea of the logistics of this but I have a better idea:

Assuming we stay in the Championship:

OFFER: Buy a 2 year season ticket now, and if we get promoted you get your money back for the second season.

SO, if everyone bought a 2 year season ticket, we'd DOUBLE the playing budget (and possibly even more, because with this offer more people might get season tickets that wouldn't have done before.)

Therefore with a good manager like AI in charge of the money, our squad should be at least twice as good.

If we get promoted, the club offset the price of the second year season tickets season against the TV revenue etc, and just try and stay up with the squad we have built in the championship - even if we went down we would be in a much better position than we are now.

If we don't get promoted, nothing is lost...start again.

Guest gringo69

OFFER: Buy a 2 year season ticket now, and if we get promoted you get your money back for the second season.

SO, if everyone bought a 2 year season ticket, we'd DOUBLE the playing budget (and possibly even more, because with this offer more people might get season tickets that wouldn't have done before.)

Therefore with a good manager like AI in charge of the money, our squad should be at least twice as good.

If we get promoted, the club offset the price of the second year season tickets season against the TV revenue etc, and just try and stay up with the squad we have built in the championship - even if we went down we would be in a much better position than we are now.

How many fans could afford the initial doubled cost, plus if we go down you would expect a reduction in league 1 when there would be no promotion refund or discount.

BUT, if we don't go up, we've spent two years ST money trying, and then got none left for the year after.

Then we will have to sell 2 yera season tickets again, if that does not work.....

That's a similar type of scenario which put us in the shiit we are now in.

In my opinion.