Donny's ST approach

Those kind of offers are a massive gamble.

Usually they are run through a competition 'insurance' type scheme and that comes at huge premium cost - so whether you get promoted or not you are taking a massive chunk out of the budget in any case.

From historical information through other clubs' similar schemes, the increase in income doesn't necessarily cover the cost of running such a scheme.

If you get promoted, you have massively cut into the budget and so don't have the funds to compete in the higher division. If you don't get promoted then you have cut into the budget anyway and therefore shaft yourself for the following season in any case.

Guest Deleted member

If you get promoted, you have massively cut into the budget and so don't have the funds to compete in the higher division. If you don't get promoted then you have cut into the budget anyway and therefore shaft yourself for the following season in any case.

Rubbish. We would generate about £6-7 million from such a scheme - and the following season if promoted we would receive over £40 million in TV Revenue alone that we dont get now. As well as additional season ticket sales (at Premiership prices) as a result of being promoted.

Rubbish. We would generate about £6-7 million from such a scheme - and the following season if promoted we would receive over £40 million in TV Revenue alone that we dont get now. As well as additional season ticket sales (at Premiership prices) as a result of being promoted.

There's no guarantees of getting to the premiership, therefore the likelyhood is to shaft yourself the next season in the same league.

And just ask Burnley now if it did them any good for this season...

Edited by Deejayone

Guest Deleted member

There's no guarantees of getting to the premiership, therefore the likelyhood is to shaft yourself the next season in the same league.

And just ask Burnley now if it did them any good for this season...

How does it shaft you for the following season? If you are offering a free season ticket for the Premier League and you dont get promoted - you just do the same offer the season after?

Guest Deleted member

If Burnley stay up = job done

if Burnley come down - job done too. They are debt free now and will have £9m head start for the next 2 seasons on every other club in the League with their parachute payments

it would be EXACTLY the same for us - promotion should clear the debts and if we are relegated we can use the money to rebuild for promotion.

How does it shaft you for the following season? If you are offering a free season ticket for the Premier League and you dont get promoted - you just do the same offer the season after?

Did you read my original post in this thread?

You shaft yourself by cutting into the budget by paying huge preiums to cover the risk of the offer.

You HAVE to get promoted if you run such an offer and even then it cuts into the befots thereof.

You shaft yourself by cutting into the budget by paying huge preiums to cover the risk of the offer.

You HAVE to get promoted if you run such an offer and even then it cuts into the befots thereof.

What risk ?

You don't have to insure against the offer ! If you get promoted, the cash from the PL covers the cost of season tickets !

The offer is depending upon PROMOTION.

If your in the CC next year, you can just sell tickets as normal.

Its based on promotion ONLY. not staying in the CCC !

Say wednesday sell another 5000 tickets based on this offer thats £2-3 Million extra income for next season.

If we get promoted, and mones from the PL easily cover the cost of providing free tickets.

Guest Deleted member

Was just going to reply the same as james below..

What risk ?

You don't have to insure against the offer ! If you get promoted, the cash from the PL covers the cost of season tickets !

Say wednesday sell another 5000 tickets based on this offer thats £2-3 Million extra income for next season.

If we get promoted, and mones from the PL easily cover the cost of providing free tickets.

What risk ?

This.

Surely the fact you don't pay out unless you're promoted IS the insurance?

As Grandad says, even if you come back down, unless you overstretch yourelves, surely you're in a better position. Look at the lasting effect United's promotion has had on their gates.

And this kind of offer grabs the headlines, creates excitement and benefits ALL fans - There's no reason why this kind of offer couldn't run along a more traditional pricing structure is there?

Guest Deleted member

Theres actually no reason (I can see) why it couldnt be announced to run alongside THIS seasons season ticket promotion.

Maybe this would have been a way to promote the move to the earlier deadline - buy early and if we're promoted to the PL in the next 3 seasons you get a free (or even half price) season ticket.

Is this a better incentive than buy earlier or you'll have to pay more for the same seat? (if it's still available of course)

* I would just like to point out at this point that I am not a season ticket holder - more than likely won't be a season ticket holder next year due to personal circumtances, so feel free to put me on ignore if you don't think my views are valid, cos I'm going to keep posting on this subject :biggrin: ...

BUT...

I am hoping that when I can get back to 'investing' in MY club we will at least be reasonably competitive at the level we are playing now, and will be playing a stadium that is at least 2/3rds full. At present I'm getting increasingly concerned that this won't be the case.

Unfortunately I'm also starting to think the new season ticket initiative is potentially an unmitigated disaster.

I am today I'm afraid. I really cant see us surviving. Not like me, I'm normally cautiously optimistic but pretend to be pessimistic to lessen the blow. Now I'm just truly down.

Don't worry, Arsenal won't be playing at home all week.