Grauniad giving us some flak!

It's alright saying clubs need to charge less....and stick to boot into Wednesday. But until there is reform across UK football, it won't change surely - clubs such as Wednesday and those in the FL must charge more to be able to compete.

FFP is just another way of pushing prices up as well. 

Introduce wage and transfer fee caps

Force a reduction in agents fees

Review parachute payment - make it so that clubs must prove that they'll struggle to operate without the payments

Review TV / media payments - force clubs to use this money to subsidies match day tickets

Edited by bigdan2003

Damn that David Conn for writing a factual article

Championship ticket prices: how did clubs end up charging £52 a game?

We haven't charged £52 a game. So it isn't a fact. It hasn't happened yet.

The fact is that we have left the door open to potentially charge it.

Not the same.

It's easy to write a fair and balanced article making a point that ticket prices are too high without skewing it with tït-bits and ignoring lots of key data.

That's why it's a poor article with little credibility.

Edited by nebneeb

it doesnt matter if any games are £52 or not, £39 to sit on a ramshackle old stand with posts in views to watch bang average football is an utter disgrace. you can try and defend it any which way you want but the fact of the matter is sheffield wednesday along with certain other clubs are ripping fans off. ive just paid £24 to go to burnley, massive difference

Where have I tried to defend anything? It's you who has gone on the defensive, quoting my post and then responding with something which had no relevance to it.

So, to answer my question, none of the games will be £52. Thereby disproving the claim by some that this article is 100% factually correct.

Guest Deleted member

We haven't charged £52 a game. So it isn't a fact. It hasn't happened yet.

well done - its unlike you to be pedantic in order to defend this

Which of our games this season will be £52 then?

Rotherham and Leeds

well done - its unlike you to be pedantic in order to defend this

What am I defending here? Where?

Fact: I said this in the post you quoted but edited (hint it's a fact because it happened, unlike something which has not happened, which is not a fact, even if you say it is.):

It's easy to write a fair and balanced article making a point that ticket prices are too high without skewing it with tït-bits and ignoring lots of key data.

mentions early bird ticket prices for others but not ours......jumping on band wagon. But what do you expect from that left wing tripe

That's because he mentioned the cheapest Early Bird Prices i.e. CHarlton & Fulham.  We weren't that cheap.

He then went on to mention the other clubs where you could get an Early Bird for less than £300 - again we were not one of them.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Has the club stated prices will be £52 for certain games?

If so the journalist has just done his job.

If they had, do you not think there would have been a thread!?

To be clear, if they charge that for anything other than a game that would seal promotion, it would be outragous.

A* is a hypothetical tier not used yet, it's possible it'll never be used, it's possible it will be used for the final match of the season which is the 1st/2nd place decider between us and Derby (for example) worth £52 of anyone's money right?

Has the club stated prices will be £52 for certain games?

If so the journalist has just done his job.

That's the point, as far as I'm aware there haven't been any matches confirmed as Category A*, so it's inaccurate for him to say as fact that some of our prices will be that high.

I find it hard to believe that any of our matches will be A* unless we have an end of season Wycombe-style promotion match.

The club could potentially charge that much, but it doesn't mean they will. They could price all future matches at £20, but I don't think they'll do that either.

Our prices are too high, but in context are not significantly worse than the likes of Leeds, Fulham, Ipswich etc. Articles like this single us out particularly for criticism, which so far is undeserved.

Edited by snaykz

If they had, do you not think there would have been a thread!?

To be clear, if they charge that for anything other than a game that would seal promotion, it would be outragous.

Would the context of the article have changed at all if he had said £46 instead of £52?

I think not.

We have already changed £46 - so that is a fact by your definition.

That's the point, as far as I'm aware there haven't been any matches confirmed as Category A*, so it's inaccurate for him to say as fact that some of our prices will be that high.

I find it hard to believe that any of our matches will be A* unless we have an end of season Wycombe-style promotion match.

The club could potentially charge that much, but it doesn't mean they will. They could price all future matches at £15, but I don't think they'll do that either.

Our prices are too high, but in context are not significantly worse than the likes of Leeds, Fulham, Ipswich etc. Articles like this single us out particularly for criticism, which so far is undeserved.

Wednesday's most expensive ticket for Bristol City was £46 and cheapest was £39 (for our third highest category).

The most expensive ticket for Leeds v Wednesday (Leeds' top category match) was £37.  Their cheapest for this match was £28.

Why is our criticism undeserved and why do you state tickets are comparable with Leeds?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt