Gray By Name And Gray By Nature

It's a tricky one. Personally I'm in favour of continuity, and keeping Gray, but I had hoped we would be a little further down the road by the time May comes. Just giving Gray the money to see what he can do doesn't seem much of a plan.

I'd imagine that there the dialogue between Gray and the new hierarchy would incorporate a vision of how we should proceed.

Depends how ambitious Mr Chansiri really is?

With the money he spent on purchasing us, would he settle for bottom half/mid table, low crowds and dire football?

Despite the job Gray has done, we're still inconsistent.

Giving Gray the money in the summer would be like when Irvine was backed, then dismissed.

Chansiri would be better off in the summer bringing his own man in, someone more proven and/or foreign to bring some excitement back. A new owner, new era and new ambition to me means a new budget and better facilities but with a better more proven new manager in charge. Perhaps Gray could be kept on as a coach but I can't see him being the man to turn us into genuine promotion candidates over the next couple of seasons. I'd be very suprised if no change isn't made by the time next season kicks off. Unless Chansiri is happy with mid table/bottom half inconsistency and low crowds?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest AbbeyOwl

Not often I say this about your posts, but word for word it's spot on.

Don't get a big head now.

Im trying hard to please you

I got thinking about this last night as the first half was so bad.

Wonder how this goes now, without wishing to be disrespectful I assume as a newbie he doesn't know much about the inner workings of the English game or have a vast network of contacts within the game.

So now that he's signed the cheque what does he do if he gets fed up of results/form?

Ask Aldridge what to do?

Ask MM what to do?

Ask 'his own people' (whoever they are) what to do?

Try and figure it out himself?

Depends how ambitious Mr Chansiri really is?

With the money he spent on purchasing us, would he settle for bottom half/mid table, low crowds and dire football?

Despite the job Gray has done, we're still inconsistent.

Giving Gray the money in the summer would be like when Irvine was backed, then dismissed.

Chansiri would be better off in the summer bringing his own man in, someone more proven and/or foreign to bring some excitement back. A new owner, new era and new ambition to me means a new budget and better facilities but with a better more proven new manager in charge. Perhaps Gray could be kept on as a coach but I can't see him being the man to turn us into genuine promotion candidates over the next couple of seasons. I'd be very suprised if no change isn't made by the time next season kicks off. Unless Chansiri is happy with mid table/bottom half inconsistency and low crowds?

I'd like to see what Gray did with decent funds before writing his management credentials off. I don't agree at all with the Irvine comparison. Much will depend on how the rest of this season pans out and the behind closed doors dialogue between Gray and his new master.

I'd like to see what Gray did with decent funds before writing his management credentials off. I don't agree at all with the Irvine comparison. Much will depend on how the rest of this season pans out and the behind closed doors dialogue between Gray and his new master.

Personally he reminds me more of Dave Jones.

I can honestly see our inconsistency continuing under Gray even with a superior budget.

After the season ends, can Mr Chansiri chance his millions and his ambition upon someone who is unproven, hit and miss in the transfer market, persists with dire football that draws low crowds? To be honest if Mr Chansiri is true to his ambition and as really got the cash to back up his words, then I really can't see him chancing upon keeping Gray next season, especially if the season fizzles out boringly and our inconsistencies continue.

Personally he reminds me more of Dave Jones.

I can honestly see our inconsistency continuing under Gray even with a superior budget.

After the season ends, can Mr Chansiri chance his millions and his ambition upon someone who is unproven, hit and miss in the transfer market, persists with dire football that draws low crowds? To be honest if Mr Chansiri is true to his ambition and as really got the cash to back up his words, then I really can't see him chancing upon keeping Gray next season, especially if the season fizzles out boringly and our inconsistencies continue.

You only have to look at his CV to know he isn't the long term answer.

I wouldn't trust him with £10 neither mind millions.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I know it was terrible being virtually unbeatable at home,it was awful to hear opposition managers saying they hated playing us because we were bully.

We were even worse to watch then and he had lost the plot, Chesterfield away where we got beat is the worse I can ever remember us see us play, truly horrible and clueless in a local derby. You have ginger tinted glasses or are related to him.

We were even worse to watch then and he had lost the plot, Chesterfield away where we got beat is the worse I can ever remember us see us play, truly horrible and clueless in a local derby. You have ginger tinted glasses or are related to him.

I take it you didn't get to many games when Big Al and Demo Dave was managers then.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I take it you didn't get to many games when Big Al and Demo Dave was managers then.

dont be a pr1ck all your life have the odd day off

I know it was terrible being virtually unbeatable at home,it was awful to hear opposition managers saying they hated playing us because we were bully.

In League 1, a completely different ball game coming up against Colchester and Exeter 

There's no way he'd do it in this division

Under his time in post, this man you are talking about has been totally starved of funds

along with the along with the ship being run on a frayed shoe string until some blue

eyed boy with a wedge has eventually come along.

Who in god's name do you think could have done better under 

the same circumstances?

:stuwinky: ta

In League 1, a completely different ball game coming up against Colchester and Exeter

There's no way he'd do it in this division

I think if you look at his CV he has two promotions from this league,not one but two. He has managed in Europe,not forgetting the famous night he took little old Bolton to Bayern Munich and got a very credible 2-2 draw.

Now let's look at Gray..... oh wait no promotions,in fact the he has only had two full time appointments one being Southampton and the Northampton and sacked from both.

When you compare the facts there is no comparison.

I think if you look at his CV he has two promotions from this league,not one but two. He has managed in Europe,not forgetting the famous night he took little old Bolton to Bayern Munich and got a very credible 2-2 draw.

Now let's look at Gray..... oh wait no promotions,in fact the he has only had two full time appointments one being Southampton and the mighty Northampton and was sacked from both.

Now let's look at Gray..... oh wait no promotions,in fact the he has only had two full time appointments one being Southampton and the Northampton and sacked from both.

Historically you're right. Gray however IMO has done a very good job for us since taking over the shambles left him. I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do with more funds.