How good were Derby though?

Jeez we've got along way to go if we want to be fighting for promotion. Patient build up play, always a man in space, players driving forward, bringing it out from the back, no hoof whatsoever, quick closing down, neat passing.

They've had a number of years at this level and spent money recently, I just hope we can one day be as good as that. Hughes, Hendrick and Ince all top quality.

Fair play to us for going twice in front, but I'm gracious in defeat because truly the best team won.

Guest wilyfox

nothing special at the back, but the amount of quality they have in midfield and attack is very impressive. They have a glut of players with technical ability and creative edge. 

Derby are a perfect blueprint for us really. Last few seasons they've finished 19th, 12th, 10th, 3rd and now 1st without ever spending big sums of money. I'd like to think it's where we could be in a couple of years, but to take the next step they ditched an average manager in Clough and brought in a good one in McLaren - hope we do the same.

Derby were poor by their standards. I had to sit in with them due to their ticket allocation being poor for away fans. Lots of fans around me saying it was the worst passing display they had seen from them this season at home. We restricted them to not many efforts on goal and they only really looked more threatening when we went down to 10 men. 

Guest Sheff Owl

If we was in for Tom Ince then you know why he choose Derby over us or anyone else.

Derby are a good team, fighting for promotion or go to Sheffield Wednesday who are erm...useless and in mid table.

They have some quality players and not forgetting how long they have all been together.

It does take time.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Derby are a perfect blueprint for us really. Last few seasons they've finished 19th, 12th, 10th, 3rd and now 1st without ever spending big sums of money. I'd like to think it's where we could be in a couple of years, but to take the next step they ditched an average manager in Clough and brought in a good one in McLaren - hope we do the same.

They've not exactly had a budget of £0 though have they!  They spent £2m on Thorne!

Just not bothered...

Bang on!

Don't forget how well Gray is at getting clean sheets though... And he's such a nice guy.

No they are not. You idea of a "very good side" and mine obviously differ.

How do you think they will fair next year if (if) they go up?

Better than they did a couple of times ago. They still hold the record for lowest ever points total in a Premier League season.