Euro 2008

Guest S13OWL

Any chance of a team?

I think I must have been on Mars these last few days as I hadn't read through this thread till just now :biggrin:

Guest danksi

Cheers Jon - cant believe I've got to support the Bratwurst bunch, but, hey, I had to support the blunts on the last day of the season, so it is an improvement on that :biggrin:

Guest James-The-Owl

I haven't been able to get on a computer since yesterday morning the wait has been terrible...

COME ON YOU NETHERLANDS!!!!!!

Guest WorrallOwls

For us french boys and possibly girls does anybody know who the keeper is because it best not be that plank barthez. Also even though we are the bloody french we do have possible bragging rights on here as they are a decent side.

henry is god !!! :cool:

Come on folks, if you're going to support a team, at least do a little research into them.

Coupet, Frey and Mandanda will be the three French 'keepers during Euro 2008. Barthez hasn't been near the national team for years (well before he was hounded out of Nantes by their supporters) and is now retired so far as I know - for the second time of course.

Benzema is indeed the man to watch. For me he is the player of the TOURNAMENT to watch, not just the French team. I may be slightly biased as Lyon are my 'second' team, but IMO Benzema is the most promising striker in the European leagues at the moment - and that's ahead of Bojan, Aguero et al.

It will be interesting to see how Gomis does should he get a chance in the starting XI at any point. Had a big season with St Ettiene and has kept Trezeguet and Cisse out of the French squad.

To be fair, it doesn't matter. IF they progress from their group they will end up losing to the mighty Red Army in either the quarter or the semi-finals, where Arshavin, Akinfeev, Pogrebnyak (hopefully) and Ignashevic will put those pesky frogs in their place.