Stop your worrying - Ally McCoist believes we will stay up!

I wish he'd said this earlier, we could have all breathed a little easier 😃  Joking aside, looks like McCoist has joined the ever growing list of Röhl fans in the game. . 

'McCoist praised Röhl for the outstanding job he has done at Hillsborough, and despite Wednesday having tough fixtures against West Brom and Sunderland in their final two games, he believes they will stay in the division.

"What a story that is at Sheffield Wednesday!" McCoist said.

"They brought Danny Röhl in and he’s been absolutely remarkable.

"I think I speak on behalf of a lot of football fans when I say I didn’t know much about Danny Röhl, but he’s absolutely transformed the club.

"He’s instilled some belief into the Sheffield Wednesday players.

"The one thing they have in their favour now is momentum, they’re unbeaten in four with a brilliant win against Blackburn, not only are they picking up points but they’re picking up points against teams who are trying to suck them back into the bottom three.

"If I was a betting man, I’d fancy them to stay up!

"They’ve got West Brom at home and Sunderland away which aren’t easy fixtures, but when they’re must win games, they can find enough to get over the line and stay up."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ally-mccoist-issues-confident-sheffield-wednesday-prediction/

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

I wish he'd said this earlier, we could have all breathed a little easier 😃  Joking aside, looks like McCoist has joined the ever growing list of Röhl fans in the game. . 

'McCoist praised Röhl for the outstanding job he has done at Hillsborough, and despite Wednesday having tough fixtures against West Brom and Sunderland in their final two games, he believes they will stay in the division.

"What a story that is at Sheffield Wednesday!" McCoist said.

"They brought Danny Röhl in and he’s been absolutely remarkable.

"I think I speak on behalf of a lot of football fans when I say I didn’t know much about Danny Röhl, but he’s absolutely transformed the club.

"He’s instilled some belief into the Sheffield Wednesday players.

"The one thing they have in their favour now is momentum, they’re unbeaten in four with a brilliant win against Blackburn, not only are they picking up points but they’re picking up points against teams who are trying to suck them back into the bottom three.

"If I was a betting man, I’d fancy them to stay up!

"They’ve got West Brom at home and Sunderland away which aren’t easy fixtures, but when they’re must win games, they can find enough to get over the line and stay up."

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ally-mccoist-issues-confident-sheffield-wednesday-prediction/

Well that settles that then pal 🤣 WE ARE STAYING UP

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Röhl is actually raising the profile of the club a little bit (in the media)… people have noticed he’s clever, speaks well and has something about him 

Much more positive press than that which Chansiri brings to the club.

• Like 4

I guess we will never know now as things have gone well for Röhl. But the refreshing thing for Röhl has been his positivity from the beginning. That has rubbed off on the team.

At Rotherham and United there was the intro of Richardson and Wilder and despite the usual early rallying call, within a couple of weeks it’s “I know what we need to be successful”, “this isn’t my team” type chat which is the killer and acceptance from the top. 

Röhl had some bad results early on, places like Plymouth spring to mind. But unless I’m mistaken whilst he’s criticised a team for not showing up, he’s never done the hand washing thing which to be fair he’s got better credentials to do than some others 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I guess we will never know now as things have gone well for Röhl. But the refreshing thing for Röhl has been his positivity from the beginning. That has rubbed off on the team.

At Rotherham and United there was the intro of Richardson and Wilder and despite the usual early rallying call, within a couple of weeks it’s “I know what we need to be successful”, “this isn’t my team” type chat which is the killer and acceptance from the top. 

Röhl had some bad results early on, places like Plymouth spring to mind. But unless I’m mistaken whilst he’s criticised a team for not showing up, he’s never done the hand washing thing which to be fair he’s got better credentials to do than some others 

I like the fact that the transformation under Röhl isn't based on an immediate new manager bounce, which are often not long lasting. He was faced with an absolute sh.tshow on arrival, arguably the worst team in Championship history and methodically worked his way through what was needed. 

3 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Röhl is actually raising the profile of the club a little bit (in the media)… people have noticed he’s clever, speaks well and has something about him 

Very true…how different from our illustrious owner🙄