Midfield options? What works best for you?

i liked the  rigid  3-5-2 that moore used  Röhl seems to like a more flexible system where your not quite sure who's playing where   thats worked well at times though   not so much when we play the really good teams .

8 hours ago, island owl said:

Beadle

Bernard, Icky and Famewo

Pol                                Johnson

Vaulks , Bannan, Palmer

Musaba, Gassama

Ugbo

Midfield overrun so add Palmer in the middle, with Poveda injured

Looks like a decent starting XII that. 

Not sure we'd get away with it though. 

The main point I was trying to make is we really only have Vaulks in the middle protecting the defence. 

I can only see Palmer sitting around Vaulks to help breakdown attacks from opponents. We needed someone extra in January. 

+

IF Vaulks did get injured or banned.... 

what woukd we do????? Em? 

Beadle

Bermard Icke Famewo

Patto                                       Johnson

Vaulks     Palmer

Mussaba         Ugbo           Gassama

With everyone fit Vaulks and Bannan are our automatic choice in We  are playing with two sitting central midfielders.

With Bannan out injured We are in problems, as none of our CM's are good enough to make step up and replace him.

Momo Diaby to Me looks worst of our midfielders, His technique is awful and his decision making worst.

Palmer is just not suited to play next to Vaulks as We can't do with two deep sitting midfielders with little quality on the ball and creativity.

Same goes for James.

Shipston is most skillful of the lot and He fits the role best, but his lack of experience is a worry. Didn't do himself much favors with how He reacted after getting dropped from first team squad by Xisco it seems.

As things stand Jeff Hendrick emerges as a viable choice all out of sudden ?! Is He ?

Midfield was key position to improve on in the Summer. We brought in no one and lost two solid options in Byers and Buckley.

• Like 1

FWIW if Bannan is out I'd be using the international gap to get Hendricks mentally and physically up for it. I still think he's the best option to play besides Vaulks if no Barry...

And if poveda is out then either play palmer and pol or go with one of them and both gassama and musaba

On 18/03/2024 at 10:16, S72 Owl said:

Do most people 

Do most people really believe that?

I don’t. 

Vaulks is the ball winning midfielder and Bannan is much better in a deeper role. 

And Poveda at RWB? 

DAwson 😂