Footballer's attire

18 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I would imagine it's not that often there would be direct contact with the anterior shin nowadays, you don't tend to see two players lunging in like they used to do. 

Most breaks seem to happen from the side anyway and you don't often see players that have shin guards that wrap around.

I suppose you could go on forever, why not a headguard, mouthguard, face mask, shin guards that protect more of the leg, more protective footwear etc.

I once played Saturday league and one of the opposites wore a mouth guard.  He fell awkwardly and dislocated his elbow.  There might be a lesson in there somewhere.

• Haha 3

I used to wear pretty small shin pads when I 'played' Sunday league. Just felt a bit more mobile than wearing the great big things with ankle supports etc.

Our manager once quipped that they looked like sanitary pads, which invited the reply "not sure what that says about your lass?..."

Think I was subbing that day

• Haha 2

On 01/01/2024 at 05:09, Big Malc said:

I once played Saturday league and one of the opposites wore a mouth guard.  He fell awkwardly and dislocated his elbow.  There might be a lesson in there somewhere.

"the opposites"?

I see videos these days of players turning up for training (then someone researches their designer brands/cost etc) 

Some players look cool 

Some players look like they’re wearing a potato sack with slippers… but the attire will be ‘worth’ thousands