Would you rather...?

6 minutes ago, little_orme said:

Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, and it may be a stupid question. But knowing what we know now, would you rather we had went up automatically and never have got to experience Thursday night? I can't decide...

Easy one for me. Much as I applaud the achievement and performance on Thursday, would rather have gone up as Champions. That would have been a very long awaited achievement. Having said that, Thursday night weas something very special and I'd take that as a close second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little_orme said:

Not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, and it may be a stupid question. But knowing what we know now, would you rather we had went up automatically and never have got to experience Thursday night? I can't decide...

It is an interesting question. It brings into mind the question of why we watch football and what do we hope for. There was a point when I believed Wednesday could win the Premier League and do well in Europe. However in the bleak mid 70s there were times when I just dreamed of us scoring.

It's hard now to think of Wednesday ever being Premiership champions, certainly in my lifetime at least. Football has to change and Wednesday need new owners probably for that to even be possible in he next 20 years. But then you have Leicester.

Personally I'm torn, I'll never forget Thursday night and it's brought emotions greater than winning the title would have done. However, I've never seen us win a title so that would have been a thing I'd have treasured. I do think though that if we now beat Barnsley I'd choose this outcome every time. 

• Like 1

If you could guarantee winning them, playoffs are an amazing way to go up. But you can't.

Thursday night was the most incredible night at Hillsborough most of us have ever seen, a real once in a lifetime thing, and it'll be remembered and cherished forever - yet if we ultimately don't go up, the season is still a failure. 

If we go up then this way absolutely, it's something none of us will ever experience again, and not many fans will experience their clubs do something like this ever. It's nice to win a title in league one but it's nothing most of our local rivals haven't done.