Medical emergencies in the crowd

Without any evidence whatsoever, I would wager that there are no more crowd medical emergencies then there has been before.

Quite where this stopping the game and alerting the referee has come from , I have no idea, but if saves some lives - as it appears it has already -  then it can only be a good thing. 

Maybe fans are now more aware of how every second counts , after the Eriksson incident, and no that an overweight steward shuffling down the aisle isn't really going to cut it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Without any evidence whatsoever, I would wager that there are no more crowd medical emergencies then there has been before.

Quite where this stopping the game and alerting the referee has come from , I have no idea, but if saves some lives - as it appears it has already -  then it can only be a good thing. 

Maybe fans are now more aware of how every second counts , after the Eriksson incident, and no that an overweight steward shuffling down the aisle isn't really going to cut it. 

I would agree.

I would imagine that fan medical emergencies are fairly regular across the country. Umpteen home matches each Saturday with thousands upon thousands of fans in each stadium. Law of averages says its a regular thing that we’re just being made more aware of (and people are also gonna then unfortunately link this to Covid/vaccine)

I myself experienced an old chap collapsing behind me at Hillsborough in 2015 and he was worked on with CPR and taken off in an ambulance. Game continued as normal and we were very close to pitch side.