That can’t happen again.

Guest 1banana2banana

The worry for me when listening to Moores interview yesterday was that he didn’t seem to know what had gone wrong. When asked if it’s something you learn from he basically repeated the question and said yes you win or you learn and we have to learn from it. My question would have then been ‘what is it you’ve learned from this specifically and what went wrong?’ I love Moore as a person and he’s a real likeable character but yesterday I just wasn’t confident that he knew why we’d just been hammered 3 0 …. And that is very worrying. 

16 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Great post. Yesterday was as bad as it has been over the last few seasons. 

It's early days with a new management team and a new squad, but questions have to be asked about a lot of things after these last few weeks. 

The big worry for me is I just can't work out how we're trying to play, apart from the absurd playing out from the back approach. Yesterday will arguably be Plymouth's easiest game of the season. 

Yep. 100%

I really hoped to see some progress against Plymouth having had 2 weeks together. We looked so much worse, our frailties so much more evident we looked like we were in a tactical blackhole, nothing there.........

I hate posession stats.  They should only be counted for possession in attacking zone.  Yes we had more yesterday but most of it was tippy tapping in our own end.

Noticed lots of bickering between players as well.  Still early doors for sure but we had better gel soon or at least scrape a few points while trying.

Glad we postponed the Sunderland game....

• Like 1

Great OP and a pretty balanced threat with several interesting points.  Like many people posting here, I’ll take more of a firm view after 10 games, but momentum is not with us and performances in the main have been a little disappointing.

One of my concerns, which I haven’t seen mentioned so far, is recruitment.  Not so much the individuals concerned, more the size of the current squad.  Let’s take midfield - based on what I’ve seen so far, if Adeniran and Luongo (big if?) are fit then Wing and Byers don’t start.  I know we have to take account of injuries,  but still feel too many new recruits will not even make the bench when all are fully fit.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

We don't have anyone athletic enough to play that role.

We do...Denis and Bashiro add Bannan to that midfield with one of Byers or Wing...playing no ball winners in the middle is perplexing I can't for the life of understand why DM did that