That can’t happen again.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

Which ones?

Well the lot of them judging on yesterday's performance and application, must be great to put on the blue and white shirt tradition and all the talk of a big club but surely you have to earn the right, or even worse something is not motivating these players. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Humdy said:

And there i was thinking this season will be different, but nah, same old rubbish. Can't wait for the 'we learnt a lot from that game' comment from management. Even morecombe let in 4 at home yesterday and we couldn't even get one past them! 

Surely better to learn from mistakes.

As a supporter, you'd want to see continuing development through running the game film, surely.

Im not right sure of an alternative, it's professional sport.

Folks are really disappointed, obviously, 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah ok 

Was about to take you seriously and discuss with you but you're one of those 'sack t'lot of em' people

lol

Not at all, I honestly don't think we have the right manager, I would love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it. 

• Like 2

Excellent OP.  The performances this season are starting to become a worry now.  Apart from 20 minutes against Fleetwood I don’t think we’ve played particularly well.  I’m fully appreciative that a new group of players need time to gel but the performances aren’t improving they are getting worse which is the concern for me.  

When Moore was appointed we were warned about his management style by donny fans, which we can dismiss as sour grapes but when you get performances like yesterday it’s an unfortunate coincidence at this moment in time. 

It’s starting to feel a bit Chris Turner at the moment, good recruitment but poor performances, but let’s hope everyone regroups next week and we start to see shoots of life next weekend. UTO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, debram said:

Not at all, I honestly don't think we have the right manager, I would love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it. 

At least you gave him a fair shot though mate

*checks date*
*checks how many new players have come in*
*checks league table and see's we're just a few points off top spot*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

Great post OP.

What properly gets my goat is a few of the players coming out and saying we aren't here to make up the numbers, we're aiming for top spot. Then come out, after two weeks off and all the soundbites and lay yesterday's egg.

Are they serious about wanting to go up? Because if they are they need to, as a minimum, give 100% for 90+ mins. If we fall short after that then fair enough.

Coming out and acting all billy big plums and saying we aren't just making up the numbers, then getting out fought like yesterday makes us look stupid, gets the fan's backs up and is embarrassing.

I know Moore has to protect the players somewhat, but I'd be absolutely livid if I had to come out and apologise publicly. I hope he lays down the law and makes it very clear that performances like that are not acceptable, and some/all of them should expect to be dropped next game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

Coming out and acting all billy big plums and saying we aren't just making up the numbers, then getting out fought like yesterday makes us look stupid, gets the fan's backs up and is embarrassing.

Only the fans who think:

a) we will win every game 

b) short term 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At least you gave him a fair shot though mate

*checks date*
*checks how many new players have come in*
*checks league table and see's we're just a few points off top spot*

Agree he should get a fair crack at the whip and I do hope he can turn things round, we've had it rough of late, starved of a bit of success so on a short fuse, uto. 

• Like 2

Them deep rooted problems we’ve had don’t go away overnight and although it all sounds bright and happy with lots of photos of smiles in training it’s evident we are not out the woods regardless of how many managers you throw at it. I hope to be wrong on this cos it’s negative but that yesterday was dire.

Just now, Yorkowl.74 said:

Them deep rooted problems we’ve had don’t go away overnight and although it all sounds bright and happy with lots of photos of smiles in training it’s evident we are not out the woods regardless of how many managers you throw at it. I hope to be wrong on this cos it’s negative but that yesterday was dire.

What’s the deep rooted problems that you think remain?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well problems usually start at the top and trickle down without mentioning names but as I say I really hope I’m wrong 

• Like 1

Fans have been far too euphoric just because we have signed a few. I said at the start this league is not easy and anyone who thinks it is need to wake up. We have to have the physicality in order to cope in this league, yesterday we looked extremely frail. Unless we get the physical and mental strength of this team sorted, technical ability alone will not suffice. Yesterday was a warning, we will find out soon have we signed another load of bottlers!?

• Like 3