Please DC sign up Shaw and Urhoghide

1 hour ago, malek said:

It was Reported on here that he was offered 1 year extension. Some others claimed he got offered much less than other first team players are on. Doesn't have to be true, but sounds likely. 

I would have thought that only him, his agent and the club know exactly what the offer was. I would presume that when he said his agent was dealing with it, that his agent then spoke to other clubs (Celtic). then went back to SWFC and said they are offering X can you match it. I still don't believe anyone on here knows the details.

• Like 2

I suspect you are right, Hookowl.

And indeed contract negotiations should of course be private and personal.

But in some way we need to encourage the club to act with urgency to tie these two players down.

It could pay big dividends for SWFC  in the years to come.

• Like 2

In Shaw's case I really struggle to see how any wednesday fan can turn a contract down (which will still be very reasonable and still playing at a very competitive league -its not like we're none league). I'll be gutted if he goes but if he does he's clearly no wednesday fan IMO

I see where you are coming from S26 Owl but I can also see the other side of the argument.

As so often said a footballer's career is short.   A severe ACL injury can finish a player at a stroke.

I think we somehow have to get the message over to DC that we should push the boat out to sign up Shaw and Urhoghide.

THere are many many cases of young players going for huge sums of moey if they are under contract. 

For example Bellingham went from Birmingham City to Dortmund for £15 million because he was under contract.

If the contarct had run down the compensation would barely have been enough to cover his playing kit!

3 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

In Shaw's case I really struggle to see how any wednesday fan can turn a contract down (which will still be very reasonable and still playing at a very competitive league -its not like we're none league). I'll be gutted if he goes but if he does he's clearly no wednesday fan IMO

The fact that he's a Wednesdayite shouldn't mean he has to sacrifice his career.

If he gets a better offer elsewhere, then he'd be mad to turn it down and shackle himself to a club in our current state.