Please DC sign up Shaw and Urhoghide

Guest wilyfox

Stay up or we’ve no chance of keeping Shaw. Unfair expecting him to snub Celtic and champions league whilst we could still end up in league one.

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If anyone who sees Owlstalk has any channel whatsoever to DC please can they use it to encourage him to sign up Shaw and Urhoghide.

I think we have seen enough to say that they are both very good prospects.

They also both seem to have sound committed attitudes.

The player transfer market is crazy compared to how it was years ago.

Promising young players can go for huge sums of money, e.g. Eze aged 22 at QPR  to Crystal Palace last summer for £15 million.

I do believe that this is the most critical and pressing decision to be made re players at SWFC.

Please DC do act upon it.

Surely we should be directing this to Att

It is surprising how some clubs manage to get youngsters signed up even though they appear to be going well beyond the club's level.

If we are being as ambitious as we can afford then that is fine.  I just hope that we are.

I do believe that Shaw and Urhoghide may be the best we have had as youngsters coming through since Sterland, Smith  and Shirtliff became top tier players in the early to mid 1980's.

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

It is surprising how some clubs manage to get youngsters signed up even though they appear to be going well beyond the club's level.

If we are being as ambitious as we can afford then that is fine.  I just hope that we are.

I do believe that Shaw and Urhoghide may be the best we have had as youngsters coming through since Sterland, Smith  and Shirtliff became top tier players in the early to mid 1980's.

Not youngsters but Preston getting Browne and Johnson to sign up again was a good effort. They'll never be realistic promotion contenders so why do they stay?

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

It's alright saying get them signed up now, but at least in Shaw's case it's up to whether the player want's to sign the contract that's been offered.

And nothing to do with terms that were offered? 

• Like 1

I sometimes think DC thinks football works like a normal business where experience and proven track record are valued so much more than potential.

Football is so different, young players with definite potential are of such value that you may have to pay them  more than you feel their current value to the team, so they don't get their heads turned.

OK  not all of them will realise their full value but those that do canmake the club millions.

Sadly I think that boat may have already sailed with Shaw and Urgohide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

If anyone who sees Owlstalk has any channel whatsoever to DC please can they use it to encourage him to sign up Shaw and Urhoghide.

I think we have seen enough to say that they are both very good prospects.

They also both seem to have sound committed attitudes.

The player transfer market is crazy compared to how it was years ago.

Promising young players can go for huge sums of money, e.g. Eze aged 22 at QPR  to Crystal Palace last summer for £15 million.

I do believe that this is the most critical and pressing decision to be made re players at SWFC.

Please DC do act upon it.

100% agree need to keep both.in our position it is  vital  and would show a good attitude from the club

54 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

They'll get offers

It's up to them if they choose greed over development here 

What development? 

We haven't even got a manager, what do we offer that other teams can't? 

I don't think it's greed, if our contract offer is below the market rate offered elsewhere, that's our (Chansiri and Paxo's) fault. 

• Like 1

We will have 10 players under contract come the summer, including 2 keepers, so to bring the squad up to scratch will require us signing maybe another 15 players That simply isn’t going to happen, or at least it shouldn’t at any normal club It’s ridiculous that we’ve left it so late to sort out so many of these contracts. 
Hopefully that indicates that we may have things in hand, and the club believes players will sign up A risky strategy though