Transfer window

37 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

TBF neither of those articles indicate Monk wasn't keen, First one he said:-

Owls manager, Garry Monk, spoke highly of Nuhiu and Kieran Lee last month, praising their character after they stuck around for the fight at the end of the 2019/20 season, but for Nuhiu at least, his brace at Fulham are set to be the last goals he scores for the club.

Monk said last month, “They both extended their contracts which is great, they’re the two that did it and they’ve been fantastic with me… Extending their contracts showed how much they were committed to the club and we all know what their history is with the club and everything they’ve brought to it.”

Second one when he was asked he just said he needed to concentrate on next game:- 

“Everything has been so manic and it’s been very hard to focus on anything but these games.

“We’ve still got another game left, we need to get all that work done, focus only on that. Those three points are the only thing we need to think about right now, from this last game.

“Then we will work out what the future is beyond that for everyone, but that’s not my focus right now.

Read between the lines mate. The articles do state Nuhiu was open to staying. Other players that were offered new contracts like Fox and Fletcher were talked about in the sense of getting deals done. In these articles the manager praises Lee and Nuhiu for extending to play for the last 9 games - but never mentions any talk of a deal beyond that, basically thanking them for their commitment even though it doesn't look like Monk was interested in keeping them beyond that.

Monk called upon Nuhiu to start once in the lat 9 games - hardly showing an interest in wanting him to play a role beyond that, yet failing to have a suitable alternative nailed down.

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Read between the lines mate. The articles do state Nuhiu was open to staying. Other players that were offered new contracts like Fox and Fletcher were talked about in the sense of getting deals done. In these articles the manager praises Lee and Nuhiu for extending to play for the last 9 games - but never mentions any talk of a deal beyond that, basically thanking them for their commitment even though it doesn't look like Monk was interested in keeping them beyond that.

Monk called upon Nuhiu to start once in the lat 9 games - hardly showing an interest in wanting him to play a role beyond that, yet failing to have a suitable alternative nailed down.

You may be right with your assumptions mate, mine was just my thoughts. Although on your last point, Nuhiu was mainly used as an impact sub most of the time with our last few managers, usually to good effect.

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

You may be right with your assumptions mate, mine was just my thoughts. Although on your last point, Nuhiu was mainly used as an impact sub most of the time with our last few managers, usually to good effect.

Understandable when you have options like an in-form Forestieri, Joao, Fletcher, Hooper. Less so when you options are a half-fit Wickham and Da Cruz, especially if you wanted to keep Nuhiu going forward. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Where did you hear this mate?

Sorry I should have said it’s just my humble opinion only Neil!

Just think it’ll be a combination of many factors (players speaking NT up, less disruption to players, cheaper/easier, upturn in results, to name a few) mean that DC is giving NT a few games to show his worth. Could be completely wrong obviously. 

NO ITK here - do not lump on!!