Virtual Carlos

Bit of fun ...

Imagine what could have happened in another dimension of the multiverse where Carlos got out of bed on Playoff final day and thought to himself, I know, I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at Hull City?

We're now in the Premier League, with a new Stadium, bigger and better than Spurs, and Dries Mertens and Romelu Lukaku playing up front...

lol

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Bit of fun ...

Imagine what could have happened in another dimension of the multiverse where Carlos got out of bed on Playoff final day and thought to himself, I know, I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at Hull City?

We're now in the Premier League, with a new Stadium, bigger and better than Spurs, and Dries Mertens and Romelu Lukaku playing up front...

lol

I would have preferred him to throw the kitchen sink at Huddersfield. Hull were too strong for us. 

• Like 4

Might have helped if Michael Dawson had got red for that cynical taking out of Forestieri.   He'd done it in the league earlier in the season too (When FF got sent off in error).

Not to be though.  They had parachute payments and still had most of their Prem Lge side.   We had castoffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I feel like I’ve spent too much time defending Carlos this morning, but if we’d have “thrown the kitchen sick” at Hull we’d have got battered, they were just too strong in midfield for us 

I was no fan of Carlos in the end. In the predicament we're in there are very few managers who want the job and could be effective.

I think I've worked through my anger towards Carlos, and it's clear now he wasn't entirely to blame for the transfer policy, just like Monk isn't entirely too blame for the transfer policy.

Both are examples of Managers entrenched in a philosophy of football, and perhaps both fell victim to players refusing to pay ball. (Certainly Monk did post Christmas, though I'm not sure that's true now)

I still hope Monk turns this around, starting today, but Carlos could be part of the solution if not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Howards back said:

I would have preferred him to throw the kitchen sink at Huddersfield. Hull were too strong for us. 

I'm not sure Hull were to strong for us. We definitely had the twelfth man that day, and had to take the game to them.

Maybe the kitchen sink would have been excessive, but he could have turned the gas up a little more on the paella that day.

• Love 1

The best we had since Ron.

That first season was a joy right till the final minutes of it.

In all my years watching I’ve never known a manager who was still getting stick years after he left and that includes Burtenshaw, Jewell and their ilk.

Once they’ve gone they’re gone usually but some delight in blaming him for everything that’s happened since.

Theyre the same sort of people that can’t let Nuhiu just get on with his career without a sly dig.

Just banter, mate.

Yep of course it is but also showing a lack of respect for people who haven’t really ever had a bad word to say about the club