• Paterson
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Palmer
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy

3 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

It's bordering on madness ain't it.

Even at School level you would mark someone your own height at corners.

I don't have my coaching badges though so what do I know.

🙄

Odubajo replaced Palmer. He's 5'10" which is 4" less than Palmer, that's what caused the mismatch at corners. He should have swapped with someone else to cover his player. After the first corner when it was obvious there was a problem Bannan as captain should have sorted it out or one of the other defenders reacted to the obvious risk. At an absolute minimum Monk or our coaches should have sent on word to swap.

This sort of problem has been going on for years at the club, we never adapt to the changing situation in a game. If someone is getting consistently beaten buy an opposition player we don't swap markers or provide extra cover. If our wingers are not getting anywhere they don't swap sides. You know the sort of thing I mean. We seem to stick rigidly to the game plan come what may. Players need to think for themselves.

It's happened under different managers and it does my head in.

6 hours ago, gizowl said:

So is it just me that thinks Dawson was in no mans land for the goal, to me he either comes for the cross or stays on his line more central to goal. He gave their striker the whole goal to plant his header in. 

Dawson & co shut them down for 60+ minutes. I cannot give him grief for conceding when Lees limps off, particularly after an effort to keep playing after going down 5 minutes before. UTO. 

23 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Agree he's not brilliant defensively but to say he hasn't got an engine is utter shïte

I perhaps could have chosen a better word. You got to admit he not a player who is adapt at buzzing all around the pitch. He not the quickest. He is a player who has something to offer to the team. But LWB is not where we are going to see his best. I can't find the exact word but he is more likely to use his energy for creating possession and attacks than chasing opposition and man marking. His engine is a good when he can dictate the play than his engine when it's being dictated to him. This is not the attributes required for a wing back. 

I like reach. He is being wasted atm. The skills he has need to be utilised correctly for his strengths to be apparent. 

Players in his mould are rare and if used right are very expensive. 

He needs to be given a totally free roll of just getting space and doing the work in creating. This is difficult with Bannan in the team as he to is best in that area and also not the best at defensive type responsibilities. 

13 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I perhaps could have chosen a better word. You got to admit he not a player who is adapt at buzzing all around the pitch. He not the quickest. He is a player who has something to offer to the team. But LWB is not where we are going to see his best. I can't find the exact word but he is more likely to use his energy for creating possession and attacks than chasing opposition and man marking. His engine is a good when he can dictate the play than his engine when it's being dictated to him. This is not the attributes required for a wing back. 

I like reach. He is being wasted atm. The skills he has need to be utilised correctly for his strengths to be apparent. 

Players in his mould are rare and if used right are very expensive. 

He needs to be given a totally free roll of just getting space and doing the work in creating. This is difficult with Bannan in the team as he to is best in that area and also not the best at defensive type responsibilities. 

You over analyse it.

We play with wing-backs. 

We need to find our best left-footed WB, and our best right-footed WB.

He’s not perfect, but Harris is pretty damned decent. Is he better than Moses and Palmer? Yes 100% he is. There’s your RWB sorted

So, who is our best left-footed WB? Reach or Penney? It’s really no contest.

Reach on the left and Harris on the right should start our next six games. Let’s get some rhythm and understanding going.

• Like 2