• Bannan
    • Paterson
    • Windass
    • Reach
    • Palmer
    • Odubajo
    • Pelupessy

Just now, frastheowl said:

If that's a criticism you've generally got of him, then fair enough.

But, you cannot apply that to today, surely?!

He's saved everything he should have today, and stood absolutely no chance with that goal. 

What do you expect him to do better with the goal?!

It’s a general criticism and a worrying one, bumped my thread about it

Also needs to stop paddling balls out to opposites in the box. Did it again today

Just now, McRightSide said:

It’s a general criticism and a worrying one, bumped my thread about it

Also needs to stop paddling balls out to opposites in the box. Did it again today

So, why give him such a low mark, in a game where he showed zero evidence of your general criticism of him? In fact, why even bring it up in a Match Rating thread?

Just seems a very odd comment to make, based on today's performance.

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

So, why give him such a low mark, in a game where he showed zero evidence of your general criticism of him? In fact, why even bring it up in a Match Rating thread?

Just seems a very odd comment to make, based on today's performance.

He didn’t have much to do, what he did have to do was average at best

and he did show my general criticism by conceding 50% of shots on target

Edited by McRightSide

20 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Yep, the poll is absolutely correct.

Luongo and Lees were the two best players on the pitch today.  

The best player on the pitch was dickie for qpr.  We should have signed him in the summer, very good player and defender. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Hard one to take. I’m still gutted. It was a crap game to watch but we edged it and should have taken 3 points and I’m sure we would have done if Lees hadn’t gone off injured.

Dawson 6 didn’t have much to do but one flap almost cost us. I have zero confidence in him.

Shaw n/a poor lad. Felt so sorry for him

Lees 8 outstanding. Brilliant blocks, headers and tackles. If he’d have soldiered on I’d have given him a 10/10. Could be out a long time now though which is a huge problem.

van Aken 5 did well most of game but as at Bristol lost his man. You can’t do that in the dying seconds. Very poor

Harris 7 did well again. Even got shifted to the left to combat Samuel DEFENSIVELY. Anyone who thinks he can’t play wing back knows nothing about football. 
Luongo 8 outstanding performance. Won everything. I’d have given him a 9/10 if he’d stuck that chance away

Bannan 6 poor. Not the same influence this season. Gets an extra point for the brilliant pass to Reach for the goal. Otherwise non existent for much of the game

Dele-Bashiru 6 I like him but I don’t think he’s good enough to play regularly yet. Some nice dribbles but naive at times

Reach 7 in his best position, he’s a good player. Some excellent play, great assist for the goal and could have scored. Struggled defensively though we meant he had to be moved to the right.

Windass 4 I thought he was awful. Did nothing except for stray offside all the time. Had a good chance too which he fluffed. Very similar to the Watford chance.

Paterson 6 struggled. Looked a poor mans Nuhiu but I’ll give him time. Love his throw ins.

Palmer 5 only lasted 45 minutes. Looked a bit of a wimp but if he’s pulled his back then so be it.

Odubajo 4 I never ever want to see him at cb. He’s a liability there and yet again he should have conceded a penalty. I’d actually like us to get rid to be honest

Pelupessy 5 the wrong sub and done too early. Why move Luongo when he was having a great game. Having said that if Luongo sticks it in at the end we’d all be saying Monk got it right. Fine margins.

Overall a poor game. The players are working hard but simply put, we are going down if we front get in at least a couple more players, especially a goal scorer!!

Guest gizowl

So is it just me that thinks Dawson was in no mans land for the goal, to me he either comes for the cross or stays on his line more central to goal. He gave their striker the whole goal to plant his header in. 

Went for Luongo

Might have been Lees if he’d stayed on pitch to try and disrupt their play for last 5 minutes

Mike Lyons would have battled through until the end

If you can put weight on your leg you can still influence a game at the death

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

So is it just me that thinks Dawson was in no mans land for the goal, to me he either comes for the cross or stays on his line more central to goal. He gave their striker the whole goal to plant his header in. 

I watched Norwich v Derby before our game and those two keepers couldn't be more different from Dawson.

They communicated, they organised, they claimed everything within 12 yards of their goal line and Tim Krul was only beaten by a worldy from Rooney. Marshall who Derby got from Wigan was superb and won them the game.

A striker should never be left on his own in the 6 yds box...ever. Dawson is facing the game and can see this. Pelupessy should have bust a gut to get to the cross but, as always, he just ambled about hoping for the best.

In addition to this, Dawson panics and can barely hit the half way line when the ball is rolled back to him, he slices under the ball. Add to this the long ball game that just gave the ball back to QPR for 60 minutes and it's clear that Dawson isn't what we need at this level. To this I would also add Lees, Pelupessy, Reach, Rhodes, Bannan and Van Aken...we have a very poor squad and will remain in the bottom 3 this season if we persist with them and play like we did.

We started the season 12pts from safety and we are currently 8pts from safety...early days but we could have been much closer. We need 1.35pts per game for safety this season (62pts)...we are currently on 1pt per game.

Edited by toooldforthis

Guest Bulgaria
13 hours ago, prowl said:

Why are we asking him to mark someone a foot taller than him at corners. Nearly gave away a penalty but understandable he was outmatche

It's bordering on madness ain't it.

Even at School level you would mark someone your own height at corners.

I don't have my coaching badges though so what do I know.

🙄

First half was a shocker, I couldn't work out what we were trying to do. Improved in the second half and a great run by the striker Adam Reach to lay the ball into the middle for the own goal.

We missed Brown with his link play and despite his great ball to Reach for the goal Bannan due to is lack of physical presence is the weakest link  in a full strength midfield. As other have said close call between Lees and Luongo for MoM. ( Luongo shaded it for me.)

Tough call for Monk when Lees had to go off, if Paterson had been here longer and knew the system he probably would have dropped back into defence.

On the face of it a point is not a disaster under the circumstances but worryingly the trajectory is downward after a good first game of the season.

17 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.69927fd3e3b60c3f5b165f7865252b02.png

Well, that was a kick in the goolies wasn't it?

96 sodding minutes. 

Terrible game of football.

Shocking.

But I really thought we'd cling on for the 3 points with another clean sheet to boot.

Another step in the right direction of clawing the points back.

image.png.71fff86ba91935e3b0f0adfb7ab4bd9d.png

You can get past terrible games when you nick a win can't you.

Massimos shot goes in, instead of crashing off the woodwork and we're probably talking about a 2-0 win, another clean sheet and how it's the sign of a good group when they play crap and still win.

96 minutes, ugh, almost feels like a defeat.

Horrible day.

Horrible game.

Still. I have to tell myself that's another point on the board and that they all add up...

Not time for meltdowns yet.

image.png.6052068cab711520da81a5ad5468863d.png

My man of the match : Massimo Luongo

Tenacious. Hard working. Nearly sealed the win too but for a extra layer of paint on the woodwork.

Who was your man of the match?

I always look for, and take, the positive out of every thing, so to days game.

We did not lose, we gained another point towards safety and no one paid to watch that game.

We move on to the next game.

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Yet more rubbish from someone who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit him on his arris

Bannan is fine when we are bossing a game, which doesn't happen that often. He is a major part of the reason why our midfield gets overrun when the going gets physical. He is just not built for it.

Why don't you put some reasoning to justify your case rather than trying to get a few snide shots as per usual.

• Like 1

For a long time now, we hve been unable to close a game down. How many times have we been caught out in the dying minutes of games? We have forgotten the first rule of football. The best form of defence is attack. If the game is being played in your opponents' half  they can't score. Another one - have we forgotten that the ball must be on the field to score. Many , if not most, sides will ensure the ball goes out of play by giving throw-ins , not corners.