Fulham -V- Wednesday OMDT

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I'm not trying to be rude but did you watch us during the first half of the season?

Yes. Westwood made errors but many were through concentration problems. He’s an excellent keeper and would have come through it. He was superb at the back end of last season after a dodgy start. Same would have happened again. 
Wildsmith and Dawson are poo. Poor communication with defence and they don’t even have basic keeper skills. I’ve never seen a keeper get megged as often as Calamity Cam does. The only thing he’s good at is sticking his tongue out.

Wildsmith is better but he’s a physically weak keeper. He looks like a waif from the street. He gets beaten with pathetic shots on his near post on a regular basis. Watch the last four years highlights and you will see it.

Im a keeper coach and I’m sick of people telling me these two are good keepers. Westwood is superior in every sense. The other two are League 1 keepers and will be important from now seen as that’s the league we will be playing in and quite frankly it’s where we deserve to be when our so called manager can’t pick his best team and than falls out with the better players. We are a shambles!

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I suppose there's some truth in that. He was in great form 2016. This season he was poor before Christmas and hasn't played since. Clearly under Jos he had no future here and quite frankly maybe his judgement was better than ours. Westwood is on a big wage and has contributed little recently. The drop off in his form has been very disappointing. It's a pity he got a two-year contract last summer.

It’s clear like many other contracts offered it was a mistake to offer him a 2 year deal we should have let him go and got a keeper in on loan maybe until a decision on our 2 preferred keepers was made . For me neither are ready week in week out . 

On 18/07/2020 at 17:10, s6 owl said:

Neither of our goalkeepers are good enough people will probably hate to hear that but its the truth.

Unfortunately I think you’re right. That’s not to say they couldn’t be good keepers but for the time being they need to be out on loan somewhere