Fulham -V- Wednesday OMDT

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nicky Weaver is it? Well the standard of goalkeeping has been poor since Andy Rhodes left in my opinion.

If it wasn't enough that Jordan had to f*ck up our finances while shuffling around the pitch, he's had to go and f*ck up our ruddy goalkeepers and all! lol :bullen:

:sad:

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Nicky Weaver is it? Well the standard of goalkeeping has been poor since Andy Rhodes left in my opinion.

Well it certainly hasn't improved IMO. In fact Westwood has got worse at a time when keepers are supposed to be at their prime.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don't know enough about Nicky Weavers coaching skills but I can't disagree with the above.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well it certainly hasn't improved IMO. In fact Westwood has got worse at a time when keepers are supposed to be at their prime.

To be honest non of the coaching staff fill me with confidence. 

Dare I say Bullen and Weaver are just in the job due to their Wednesday connection. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dare I say Bullen and Weaver are just in the job due to their Wednesday connection. 

Maybe something in that and while I'm not a Monk fan really, he hasn't had his choice of support staff TBF

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How dare you!!!...Theres a legion of reasons.....

That just don't sprng to mind at the minute.....................

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Often it's been said LB, legend, loyal to the club.

My view is that the club have been too loyal to LB. He's survived several management culls and if he isn't influencing tactics, what is he doing there? Got to go IMO. with this manager. 

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Maybe something in that and while I'm not a Monk fan really, he hasn't had his choice of support staff TBF

Agreed, I don't want Monk to be in charge of rebuilding our squad but he's basically been assisted by a bunch of academy coaches. They may be good in their field but it doesn't mean they can make the step up to first team coaching.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

? In his prime are you sure , he’s mid 30’s not 20’s !!! 

Some keepers play on till late 30's even forties. David Seaman, one of my former pupils, was in his early forties when he retired from top level football.

I think keepers are supposed to mature and be best in their early thirties, but Westwood is, as you suggest in his mid thirties. His form has been questionable over a few seasons, however, which doesn't reflect well on the coaching.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

24 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Often it's been said LB, legend, loyal to the club.

My view is that the club have been too loyal to LB. He's survived several management culls and if he isn't influencing tactics, what is he doing there? Got to go IMO. with this manager. 

" family "

The fans mean sod all

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Tommo_ said:

Not really, Monk has had to make changes because of a small squad.

Who's played the most minutes since the restart, Pelupessy or Hunt?

Hunt barley featured before lock down, players went post lock down, he was promoted simply because of numbers 

Joey for your second question, what`s your point?

As I`ll keep repeating,my point stands 

As I`ll keep repeating, you keep on arguing black is white  

14 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Some keepers play on till late 30's even forties. David Seaman, one of my former pupils, was in his early forties when he retired from top level football.

I think keepers are supposed to mature and be best in their early thirties, but Westwood is, as you suggest in his mid thirties. His form has been questionable over a few seasons, however, which doesn't reflect well on the coaching.

You see I just don’t understand this opinion of Westwood’s form over the last few years , year maybe yes , maybe it’s because  he set such high standards in our better seasons that any error he makes is magnified . Until today I thought Wildsmith was doing ok , hopefully it’s a one off . 

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Why hasn't he been able to bring any coaching staff I wonder. 

His choice or Chansiri? 

Most managers have an entourage of coaching staff they take with them. Some might even turn a job down without their trusted mates. Perhaps they know its their support staff that makes them a good manager/front man. 

I heard that Allardyce has his own Coach (one with wheels) for his coaching staff. 

Wish it was on our car park.

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Quite possibly

Or maybe hes not actually that special

Maybe not but he's one of the best we've had for the last 4 seasons, not injury prone like most big earners we've had, who has been special of late. 

20 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Watching it back Borner for the 2nd goal was awful, pointing at Mitrovich instead of tracking him and putting a nothing attempted block instead He sold Lees down the river good and proper 

I’d say lees was equally at fault. He was 5-10 yards back and could see mitrovic had a few yards on borner when they broke through the middle, he then has to decide either step up and try to play offside or go with the runner mitrovic. He did neither he just kind of ambled along in no mans land. The kind of indecision you would expect from a novice defender not someone who has played multiple years in the championship. 

3 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You see I just don’t understand this opinion of Westwood’s form over the last few years , year maybe yes , maybe it’s because  he set such high standards in our better seasons that any error he makes is magnified . Until today I thought Wildsmith was doing ok , hopefully it’s a one off . 

I suppose there's some truth in that. He was in great form 2016. This season he was poor before Christmas and hasn't played since. Clearly under Jos he had no future here and quite frankly maybe his judgement was better than ours. Westwood is on a big wage and has contributed little recently. The drop off in his form has been very disappointing. It's a pity he got a two-year contract last summer.