Monk on Meltdowns!

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Once read a report that extra training and long warming up procedures make little difference to a players performance.  All this warming up before the start of a game could be shortened considerably and helps conserve energy.   So long as a player was near their ultimate fitness  level it made little difference.   Have tried to find it but it was a few years ago.

Bringing them in the day before may have helped them to bond better or could have worked on tactics.   Just thought I would throw it into the mix.

I think the additional session is more of a psychological thing...it was his was of saying you’ve been poor you don’t deserve the day off. Our lot on the other hand got the day off and looked like they had abused the situation!! 

As for the warm up etc... I guess this more of an injury prevention thing and seen as every team in the world do a similar thing I would assume it’s essential. Teams at all levels spend hundreds of thousands/millions on staff and equipment for this procedure so it must more than serve a purpose. 

8 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I think the additional session is more of a psychological thing...it was his was of saying you’ve been poor you don’t deserve the day off. Our lot on the other hand got the day off and looked like they had abused the situation!! 

As for the warm up etc... I guess this more of an injury prevention thing and seen as every team in the world do a similar thing I would assume it’s essential. Teams at all levels spend hundreds of thousands/millions on staff and equipment for this procedure so it must more than serve a purpose. 

Yep  Id go along with that. 

Addition to Garry's diary Christmas and new years eve everyone in for training.     

15 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Once read a report that extra training and long warming up procedures make little difference to a players performance.  All this warming up before the start of a game could be shortened considerably and helps conserve energy.   So long as a player was near their ultimate fitness  level it made little difference.   Have tried to find it but it was a few years ago.

Bringing them in the day before may have helped them to bond better or could have worked on tactics.   Just thought I would throw it into the mix.

I think bringing them in the day before gets them focused and not in holiday mode as good as having Christmas off they may have bern a little too relaxed 

I’m sure Monk was planning having them in on Christmas Day as hes always been in every year in his football career but when he gave the players the choice they said they handsy been in for last 3/4 years and they’ve done well on Boxing Day ( fair enough ) 

I’ll bet my mortgage he has them in next year on Christmas Day they won’t be as relaxed and gutless next year on Boxing Day 

my gut feeling is that will be his biggest regret of the season so far not having them train. He gave them a choice wanted to respect them as adults which I think is very fair considering the results I bet he would have even took the defeat but the performances were shocking and he won’t have that again but Christmas to bed let’s move on 

Lets hope he's allowed to use this window to get ahead of a summer rebuild, only loan players we could buy. With things off field and the squad on it top 6 this season would be an extreme over achievement lets be honest no one can knock us if we finish top 10. Theres alot of contracts up end of this season so we can start (relatively) fresh after whatever off field stuff goes on, with a proper budget

Well try having 2 decades of it then Garry...

Try gettin' your Grandkids to wear the shirt by pretendin' we had won the F.A cup against Brighton the other day, cos its the only way they'll wear the bloody thing.

I brought me lad up the same way..He f.ookin' hates me now...The grandkids will find out in a couple of years and put me in a sodding care home!

We, as fans, bring our offspring up following the buggers by bribery and subterfuge, cos the actual team has given us nowt in 20 years!!!

20 years Gar(r)y!!....

If you think this is a meltdown at Hillsborough...You really ought to look at some of the REAL meltdowns!

With all due respect, you have been here two minutes waiting for the bus....We have been stood in the p*ssing down rain at the bus stop for TWO decades!!!

I know its not your fault....but its most certainly not ours!

Actually...yer f.ookin' lucky there aren't snipers on the North roof FFS!

Bloody Meltdown...Don't tell me about "Meltdowns"....

and No ..I havent just had one...I'm like this every bleedin' day!

Edited by asteener1867