L**ds United - Our line up

I'm really struggling to pick a line-up for tomorrow, mainly with which one of a bad bunch do we go with up top? Winnall came on for Fletcher v Brighton when it was 0-0 and we managed to nick a winner.... here's my team anyway!

--------------Dawson------------

Urhoghide--Iorfa--Borner--Fox

Reach--Bannan--Luongo--Harris

----------------Lee---------------------

--------------Winnall----------------

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Got to start Warrior tomorrow. Leeds hate playing against him.

Dom, Lees, Borner, Fox

Up to Monkfish tactically about midfield.

I’d play 5 across there, with Lee & BB further forward.

good shout, I'd play Bannan deeper though and continue Lee/Luongo who were both very good on Saturday

• Like 1

Tomorrow's game will be a different mindset to the one when we played them at Hillsborough.

That day, we were positive and came out with the intention to get into Leeds faces and stop them from having everything their own way.

Tomorrow, you almost feel, with Fletcher's injury, Monk will be forced into a more passive, patient approach. Leeds will certainly have 65-70% of possession, but our focus will be to prevent them from getting themselves into dangerous positions. 

Had Fletcher been injured, I think he might've been tempted to go with a 4-4-2, but knowing that Fletcher's replacement isn't going to give enough of his all-round attributes, I think Monk will stick with the system that served him well last week. However, without having Fletcher's hold-up play to link things up, it'll be very much with a plan to get the ball down the channels and look to get Leeds facing their own goal. 

Dawson

Urhoghide

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Bannan

Harris

Luongo

Lee

Reach

Winnall

I think he'll reward Urhoghide's performance with another start. He'll want us to defend the box, so defend narrow, and Urhoghide's natural central defensive instincts will supplement that (but, so will Iorfa's if he plays there). I think he'll favour Harris over Murphy, but either will provide the pace required to hurt Leeds. Playing Bannan in the quarterback role, with two runners ahead of him, could be the key to releasing the likes of Harris and Reach during turnovers. 

That said, it's a tough ask tomorrow. Our defence, I fear, will be under a constant stream of Leeds pressure, and I think it'll be too much over the course of 90 minutes. If we can get an early goal (like Birmingham did last season), then it could be a case of holding on to what we've got. Otherwise, our lack of options when it comes to holding the ball up and mobility in forward areas, is going to make it hard work. Set pieces could be our best form of attack. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 22:56, Lord Snooty said:

Given the level of performance today, and the level of control we had out of possession against a decent Premier League outfit, isn't this set up perfect for a trip to Elland Road against another team likely to have the lions share of the ball? 

Leeds.thumb.jpg.f02fbc87243f2279a6954acd140a5f13.jpg

Would be incredibly harsh to drop any of these lads after today. 

Will be interesting to see what Monk does...

Who’d have thought sacrificing the hard working DCM in favour of a flair/creative player would result in us being overran? Maybe just maybe, Joey/Hutch have a role to play in tough away games?