It's not easy is it?

Being a Wednesday fan that is. They don't half mess with your head. 

First match I ever went to was in 1985 in a league match on a night against Everton. We lost 5-1. I should have known then what I was letting myself in for. But alas, I went straight to the club shop (the old one where you got served behind a counter) and bought photos of the players to put on my bedroom wall. 

Since then I've been to Wembley 5 times,  seen us play in 3 Cup finals, seen us finish 3rd in the top division, play in Europe and experienced numerous relegations and promotions. 

There have been many more lows over the past 20 years than highs and matches like yesterday's and the week before really take it out of you and can completely ruin your weekend. I was so gutted walking away yesterday. However, I know there will be things to cheer again. The many lows make the occasional highs all that more special. I still look forward to every match and hope that the good times will return. 

I just hope I'm alive to see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was sat thinking about this the other day about how many lows we've had compared to highs.

Then I though actually its the same for most supporters, unless you choose to support one of the "big" six instead of your local side.

So as much as its frustrating and extremely annoying, once its in your blood, that's it there's no way out.

It's easy to forget we've had some good spells over the years. 

The potential to get back to the big  boys league is there I'm just not convinced that promotion is all its cracked up to be. 

We have a good fan base, respectable team and a decent manager. We have an owner who, despite his methods, does have the best interests of the club at heart. 

We can count ourselves fortunate not to be in Burys shoes. 

Through no fault of their own they no longer have a club. 

Everything is relative, we have more to be thankful for than perhaps we realise.