M1 Travel Disruption

Just now, daztheowl said:

That's if you can get to J31 Sham. It was backing up to there when I passed southbound an hour and a half ago. Will have gotten a lot worse, and traffic will be spilling off to try this route, causing further problems. 

Didn't realise it was that bad mate.  Getting to this side of the city from J30 is a pain, but it's better than sitting in traffic.

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Less of the 'Bloody Southerners', please. I spent a mere 32 years travelling from Jc30. until i finally moved to the West of Sheffield, having move south from near BARNSLEY. .If you care to get out of Sheffield, you'll find as many, if not more, wednesdayites than you will find in the much divided City. remember, many of the cars parked at Hillsborough have travelled a fair distance to watch their beloved Wednesday. Coaches still run from far outposts like Wombwell,Rotherham, Barlborough (between Chesterfield and Worksop for the uneducated) to name a few. And I travelled for years having to suffer the roadworks south of Sheffield (probably ovetrseen by SAG & SYP.

Incidentally, if Parkway exxit is closed, try using the Meadowhell exit and picking up the ring road viaHerries Rd. but don't try my favourite- up to J35a and in via Penistone road (A61S).

That  will be crowded with dingles. 

Yep. I have left the White Walkers behind from this side of the wall.

Hadrian needs to a wiggle on with the rebuild.

J35a is my normal route back. Hopefully they won’t be too cross with us!!!!!

3 hours ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

OK if we accept this very one sided report based upon one match, with no input from the club or anyone who was there except of course SYP. The conclusion is all home fans must now exit on to Penistone road or the bridge over the river from the south stand.

Therefore the away fans will have Leppings Lane to themselves.

Why then have the club been requested to restrict away fan numbers to 2,000 surely we could have sold out the west stand, with no risk to anyone exiting at that end of the ground?

The risk has however been transfered to all of us home fans exiting on to a duel carriageway and possibly a new flash point at the junction of Leps lane and Pennistone road as the away fans head to Claywheels Lane where their busses will no doubt be!

Great rant..but I'm not sure what it's got to do with the M1 travel disruption.

• Haha 1