M1 Travel Disruption

If you are using the M1 northbound for the match, Beware. 

Down to 2 lanes on the approach to J33 at Cstcliffe, where it merges with the M18. 

Cstcliffe /Parkway exit closed for bridge repairs, 2 lanes dug up. 

It's going to cause pandemonium 

44 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Down to 2 lanes on the approach to J33 at Cstcliffe, where it merges with the M18. 

Is this the result of a study by learned people concluding it's better to have more people using fewer exits thus causing a potentially dangerous situation? Just wondering.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, daztheowl said:

Fully expecting the FA to slap an extra 2 game ban on Forestieri for this.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Is the M1 exit to the parkway closed? 

My brother is coming up today via this route. With tickets for the North stand. 

Not saying its closed on Highways Agency - think it said overnight closure when I came off there yesterday but can't say 100% 

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

J33?

Bloody Southerners .........lol

Less of the 'Bloody Southerners', please. I spent a mere 32 years travelling from Jc30. until i finally moved to the West of Sheffield, having move south from near BARNSLEY. .If you care to get out of Sheffield, you'll find as many, if not more, wednesdayites than you will find in the much divided City. remember, many of the cars parked at Hillsborough have travelled a fair distance to watch their beloved Wednesday. Coaches still run from far outposts like Wombwell,Rotherham, Barlborough (between Chesterfield and Worksop for the uneducated) to name a few. And I travelled for years having to suffer the roadworks south of Sheffield (probably ovetrseen by SAG & SYP.

Incidentally, if Parkway exxit is closed, try using the Meadowhell exit and picking up the ring road viaHerries Rd. but don't try my favourite- up to J35a and in via Penistone road (A61S).

That  will be crowded with dingles. 

Edited by Buxtongent
punctuation.

OK if we accept this very one sided report based upon one match, with no input from the club or anyone who was there except of course SYP. The conclusion is all home fans must now exit on to Penistone road or the bridge over the river from the south stand.

Therefore the away fans will have Leppings Lane to themselves.

Why then have the club been requested to restrict away fan numbers to 2,000 surely we could have sold out the west stand, with no risk to anyone exiting at that end of the ground?

The risk has however been transfered to all of us home fans exiting on to a duel carriageway and possibly a new flash point at the junction of Leps lane and Pennistone road as the away fans head to Claywheels Lane where their busses will no doubt be!

1 hour ago, Donny El said:

Jct 33 parkway ? or Jct 32 M18 ?

J33 Parkway northbound, expect jams on M18 with traffic heading to Meadowhall. That's where Parkway traffic was being diverted to. 

If you're travelling up from South, come off at J30 through to Sheffield, or J29 and head through Chesterfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

J33 Parkway northbound, expect jams on M18 with traffic heading to Meadowhall. That's where Parkway traffic was being diverted to. 

If you're travelling up from South, come off at J30 through to Sheffield, or J29 and head through Chesterfield. 

J31 is better, you can get to the Parkway via A57.  Piece of poddle.

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

J31 is better, you can get to the Parkway via A57.  Piece of poddle.

That's if you can get to J31 Sham. It was backing up to there when I passed southbound an hour and a half ago. Will have gotten a lot worse, and traffic will be spilling off to try this route, causing further problems.