Tough times for the boo boys

On 18/03/2019 at 09:04, wiggy said:

Fair dos. All about opinions isn’t it. 

Pelepessy is a tryer. Can’t knock his effort or heart. But I thought he was woeful possitionally and wasteful when he actually touched the ball.

We got overrun in midfield after hutch went off big time in my opinion. 

deffo

On 17/03/2019 at 15:53, Owl At Risk said:

Some poor old felines must be taking a kicking at the moment.

Palmer bossing it.

Nuhiu scoring.

Pelupessy competently deputising for Hutch.

Must be tearing their hair thinking of something to moan about.

Here's a few ideas for them...

Fox was sitting all wrong on the bench.

Lee's haircut is boring.

Westwood needs to stop waving at his family in their box before and after the match...he's clearly distracted.

The way Bruce says "wa" in interviews is disgraceful.

Does that help lads? No. Ok, maybe start a poll about who bottles it the most or some other sh.ite

This is the daftest, most pointless thread ever. If you have nothing to say, don’t start winding things up, keep quiet. This is an extremely porky smelling thread. 

The OP doesn't deserve the grief he's getting in this thread.

It's all about extremes. When we were in a mess, and being drawn into a relegation battle, you had plenty on here coming out with all sorts: Lees was the worst defender in the world, Palmer should be in League 2, Westwood was done, Reach can't tackle, Bannan was poo, Hutch was a crock that should never play for the club again, etc etc. Mixed in with that was the decent discussion: why wasn't Lees playing well, was it down to his CD partner, talking youth players through games; Was it right playing and giving a decent youth keeper a chance, should he have been rested; Does Reach close down play, and not get injured, due to his approach to games; Why was Bannan playing so deep, what was going on with the tactics etc. Loads of that good stuff  gets drowned out by the odd nutters shoting 'Bannan / Reach / Palmer is poo' nonsense. 

The extreme stuff is the stuff that should be called out. When you try to do it at the time, you get shouted down. Then when things are on the up, these types disappear / hush up. Nothing wrong in calling these out, imo.  On a smaller website I post on every now and then, it's discussed, with some nonsense thrown in. On here, it's discussed mixed with plenty of hysteria and nonsense. On facebook and twitter, the hysteria is magnified x1000, to the point where it's unreadable. 

The difference is the extremes. Posters who are generally positive get pissed off with the over the top nonsense, and either go quiet, take a break from the site after a defeat, or call it out at some point, usually through frustration. 

Debate, discussion, disagreeing is all good. The hysterical 'look at me listen to me' nonsense should be called out, imo. 

Anyway, we're on a roll, and in with a squeak, so all good... COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

11 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

The OP doesn't deserve the grief he's getting in this thread.

I would agree

I thought the OP was intended to be light-hearted and/or humorous

But I've realized to my own cost that irony can be interpreted as sarcasm, and both can translate poorly when printed on a page

That doesn't excuse the hostility though, imo

You might miss the joke (?) but you'd need to be pretty thin-skinned to take offence

Unless there are at least 48 posters out there who thought @Owl At Risk was specifically having a pop at them?