Roy Keane

I love Roy Keane, find him hilarious. He's so angry, bitter and argumentative, I find it very entertaining. When he used to do the Champions League away games for ITV apparently Adrian Chiles, Lee Dixon and Southgate would go for a few drinks in their hotel after the game and Keane would just go to his room :laugh:.

He might have been a good captain at one time but I've always thought he wouldn't make a good manager. Way too stubborn, and incapable of any kind of compromise. His post match interviews would be a laugh but it's a no thanks from me.  

Edited by Whitechapel Owl

On 16/12/2018 at 19:32, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Cant understand how he hasn’t been arrested for that. Beyond cheating - beyond taking a bribe - IMO deliberately ending a fellow professionals career is the worst thing you can do. 

Stated in the press but the extract below taken from Wikipedia

"Following the release of Keane's autobiography in 2002, Håland and Manchester City stated that they intended to take legal action against Keane.However, it emerged that Håland had stated on his personal website that he had been playing with the injury to his left knee a few months, that it did not receive a knock in the game to his left leg (Keane went for his right leg),and that Keane did not cause his injury. Legal action was dropped in February 2003 after the club reviewed the medical advice."

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Prince said:

Stated in the press but the extract below taken from Wikipedia

"Following the release of Keane's autobiography in 2002, Håland and Manchester City stated that they intended to take legal action against Keane.However, it emerged that Håland had stated on his personal website that he had been playing with the injury to his left knee a few months, that it did not receive a knock in the game to his left leg (Keane went for his right leg),and that Keane did not cause his injury. Legal action was dropped in February 2003 after the club reviewed the medical advice."

Whilst the challenge was indefensible people seem to forget how much of a nasty piece of work Håland was. Didn't deserve what happened to him of course but I saw him make some shockers himself during his career.

9 hours ago, markg said:

Someone already mentioned it but Keane did not end Haaland's career. One of the biggest football myths going.

As noted above - this is something I am delighted to have been wrong about. Just shows that fake news isn’t a recent thing. 

Still think Keane is better as a pundit than a manager and he is less dangerous in the studio than in the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

As noted above - this is something I am delighted to have been wrong about. Just shows that fake news isn’t a recent thing. 

Still think Keane is better as a pundit than a manager and he is less dangerous in the studio than in the pitch. 

Definitely

I can't see how his approach would work with today's players, especially ones that are low on confidence.