Fletcher for Scotland

11 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Bannan and Fleck better? They’re really not. Bannan is alright but he is definitely not better than McTominay, Armstrong, McDonald, or more McGinn and he’s older than them all too. Three of those 4 play in the English Premier League. Bannan arguably should be in the squad ahead of McGregor at Celtic but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup.

You pick players on form though. Bannan been the best player in the League this season. McTominay does he play for Man U or warm the bench? Kevin McDonald is it? Does he play for Fulham. And McGinn is no better than Bannan.

12 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Bannan and Fleck better? They’re really not. Bannan is alright but he is definitely not better than McTominay, Armstrong, McDonald, or more McGinn and he’s older than them all too. Three of those 4 play in the English Premier League. Bannan arguably should be in the squad ahead of McGregor at Celtic but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup.

Sorry but that’s absolute rubbish 

You have a real bias for everything Scottish, or everything against wednesday bias, bannan is a better player than all those you mentioned

McGinn & macdonald don’t have the ability to dictate a game like BB does 

Edited by FreshOwl

10 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You have a real bias for everything Scottish, or everything against wednesday bias, bannan is a better player than all those you mentioned

McGinn is not bad at the odd volley :luhukay:

I would prefer that Bannan and Fletcher do not get call ups.

It will not improve them as players at their age.   They are what they are, I do believe Bannan is far better than those chosen ahead of him however.   It's probably his size that goes against him, as lets be honest Scotland don't have much, so they have to go with presence where they can - and that's possibly why Fletcher may get recalled.

5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

It is patently obvious that Bannan has been at the top of his game this season. Had a better season than McGinn and McTominay isnt PL standard wheras Bannan is. Calling Bannan alright is pretty daft.

Not sure why you are so down on our club these days.

I’m not talking about club performance with Bannan, he has been a standout player for almost all his time at Hillsborough. 

This thread is about the Scotland team, and Bannan has been no better than alright for Scotland for years. He’s worthy of a place in the squad for sure but he’s certainly not the future of the team, and he is playing at a lower level than all of the above midfielders I mentioned. 

I’m not being down on Bannan or Wednesday, I’m being realistic.

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

What do you even mean? A Wednesday fan has bias against everything Wednesday? 

48 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

thread is about the Scotland team, and Bannan has been no better than alright for Scotland for years

James Forrest has 24 caps for Scotland, so let’s not pretend like this theory holds much water. McDonald’s performances internationally have also ranged from “average” to “my nan”, so that doesn’t tally with what you’re saying really.

15 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

James Forrest has 24 caps for Scotland, so let’s not pretend like this theory holds much water. McDonald’s performances internationally have also ranged from “average” to “my nan”, so that doesn’t tally with what you’re saying really.

McDonald is to me bang average, and that's not because of where he has come from, where he dropped to and such like.   I just never thought he was the player people made him out to be.   More like a player who made the most of what was around him.

I liken him (in circumstance, not TYPE of player) to Danny Wilson.

Danny Wilson was never really very good, but he became a sum of the parts in a very good midfield - and maybe, just maybe that's why McDonald gets the call up but Bannan doesn't.    He is seen to be a better fit for others around him.

Bannan is definitely technically better.   McDonald fits in with what is around him.    

I still would pick Bannan over McDonald, but there you have it.   Different people have different views.

Edited by HarryPlopper

Bannan is in better form than any other Scottish midfielder and it's not like Scotland are doing reyt well without him.

In fairness I think Scotland would benefit from letting Bannan or Fleck run there midfield and dictate play.

Scotland are massively underachieving as a nation with those players to choose from.

When was there last win?