Dingle Mick

Just now, DJMortimer said:

That's not the frame of reference you set. It was a simplistic British v foreign issue and the statistics in recent years are clear. In the Premier League, British managers are massively outperformed. But I understand you'd prefer we ignored that.

At our current level, in recent years their respective records are the same, but there are many more British managers so as a ratio, the edge is with the foreigners again. Also, I found that 90% of the teams relegated from the Championship in the last 11 years had a British boss for most, if not all of that season.

Most foreign managers have millions to spend tho....look at wolves last year...how can you compare santos to dean smith..??....British managers don’t get the same funds as foreign managers.....Why  ??..cos nowadays most clubs are foreign owned and don’t trust a British manager to spend wisely 

9 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

We should have beaten Huddersfield over 2 legs...a foreign manager Carlos bottled it....would megson...warnock..McCarthy have bottled it ....NO WAY

That one moment defied the whole British v foreign debate, despite all the statistics indicating that the opposite is true?

Warnock and McCarthy have several play-off failures between them and Megson was doing a good job of blowing a favourable situation in 2012.

Edited by DJMortimer

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

British managers don’t get the same funds as foreign managers.....Why  ??..cos nowadays most clubs are foreign owned and don’t trust a British manager to spend wisely 

You don't see the irony of this?

:laugh:

I'd like to see some kind of breakdown of how you arrived at this conclusion that clubs spend a lot more when they have a foreign manager. Jos Luhukay for one is probably laughing at that claim. Or is it just prejudice masquerading as fact?

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

We have a squad that is not suited to Dingle Mick football. He can't bring players in even if he wanted to. Oh yeah and he actually isn't very good to be honest.

Let's stick with Jos.

Let’s.....and go down

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Do you honestly think we will be any better against hull next week or Brentford the week after...I hope we are....but let’s see

Yeah I do because I'll be honest Wigan away on the opening day scared the sh*t out of me. I didn't expect to win. Not saying we played well but I think we'll get better as the season goes on and certain players adapt to the system. To say we're going down because we lost one game is f*cking stupid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Let’s.....and go down

Can I remind you of last season's league table?

Luhukay took over for our last 20 league games and inherited a truly horrendous injury situation. For a while, 9 of our arguable starting 11 were unavailable. Between them, Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher played just a handful of games for him until the end of the season. Yet in that time, he still took 3 points more than McCarthy's Ipswich from the same number of games.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That's not the frame of reference you set. It was a simplistic British v foreign issue and the statistics in recent years are clear. In the Premier League, British managers are massively outperformed. But I understand you'd prefer we ignored that.

At our current level, in recent years their respective records are the same, but there are many more British managers so as a ratio, the edge is with the foreigners again. Also, I found that 90% of the teams relegated from the Championship in the last 11 years had a British boss for most, if not all of that season.

The last Englishman to win the top flight was from Sheffield lol

Edited by owlmanc

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Can I remind you of last season's league table?

Luhukay took over for our last 20 league games and inherited a truly horrendous injury situation. For a while, 9 of our arguable starting 11 were unavailable. Between them, Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher played just a handful of games for him until the end of the season. Yet in that time, he still took 3 points more than McCarthy's Ipswich.

We will have to agree to disagree then ..... but I know what kind of manager I want at Wednesday and it’s not a Carlos or jos ...chansiri too stubborn to change it so let’s see what happens !!!!.... talk after the hull game 

I can’t believe this thread! 1 game! 1 game! Last game of last season we won 5-1 and were a form team. 1 loss and we want to get in a guy who did sod all at Ipswich because he’s a proper football man? Give me a break. Jos achieved more in Germany than Mick has. Give him a bloody chance. He came in January, steadied the ship, played youngsters and got best out of Nuhiu. What do you expect people who want him out? After 7 months to turn us to a team who can just steam roll teams away from home on the opening day? Get real, Mick, Pep, Jose, zidane, none of them could just flip a switch and make us good with no money. Patience please! Hull next at the Mecca of football, lets see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

We will have to agree to disagree then ...

Even though Luhukay outperformed McCarthy with a team of reserves and Academy players for the most part?

:huh:

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

... but I know what kind of manager I want at Wednesday and it’s not a Carlos or jos 

Is John Bull available?

:ohmy:

Just now, Hughdowd said:

Say what you want .....vast majority of Wednesday fans cant relate to the club anymore...pre season matches...ticket prices....team performances ..radio Sheffield farce.......but no panic...it’s all rosy mate:tango:lol