Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Overall cost per person for a box seat (during Milans tenure here) was £61.00

That price included food, match ticket, stewards, serving staff, kitchen staff, programme, bar tab, parking in Hillsborough park, signage above the box.... everything. Every associated cost with running that floor.

Box price was £25.5k for a central one - or circa £110 per person per match.

24 boxes sold @ avg £25k = £600k in revenue

24 boxes cost @ avg £14k = £336k in costs

Overall profit estimate - £264k per season 

In those days box take up was around 75% or more

7 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

To here you blab on You should be chairman of ICI, not listening to us knicker wetters. Bet your a legend in your own bath time. 

How does asking for a reasonably appointed room equate with blabbing on like the chairman of ICI?  Some people know about stuff. 

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

How does asking for a reasonably appointed room equate with blabbing on like the chairman of ICI?  Some people know about stuff. 

This was a sarcastic reply based on replies to me. Post was to him and wasnt a generalised question. Some people also know f all. 

6 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Overall cost per person for a box seat (during Milans tenure here) was £61.00

That price included food, match ticket, stewards, serving staff, kitchen staff, programme, bar tab, parking in Hillsborough park, signage above the box.... everything. Every associated cost with running that floor.

Box price was £25.5k for a central one - or circa £110 per person per match.

24 boxes sold @ avg £25k = £600k in revenue

24 boxes cost @ avg £14k = £336k in costs

Overall profit estimate - £264k per season 

In those days box take up was around 75% or more

at the very first steering group meeting Chansiri said the cost of a box to run was 23k a game and MM would sell at any cost even at a loss just so that it would show money coming in saying the cheapest was sold at 17k 

Not sure if that was correct or not 

MM wasn't daft.  When you buy any failing business to sell on or are indeed near to selling any business then you need the books to show the lowest costs, highest incomes and good room for improvement/returns if money is invested.

He would have most likely offset the specific high costs of the boxes within overall matchday expenses.

I also still think there was/is an element that DC now knew, and thought the long-term box holders always knew. that they'd been getting a very good deal for a very long time and he sort of called their bluff as "corporate supporters" based on us actually gaining promotion.

If we do get promoted while he is at the helm then he will enjoy winning this particular battle as those who walked will either finally pay to return (with zero priorities) or be replaced by others.

As I have said previously, the truth is in the middle and each box holder's circumstances are different but there were undeniably an element of relative freeloaders at the higher level around our club for years who went missing when required when we weren't far from being wound up.  Ten bob millionaires as my old man would call 'em.

On 30/07/2018 at 21:42, Bark1062 said:

Well said mate.

Time to stop moaning and start supporting we like to think we are the best supporters around time to now show it....let’s be having you! 

Short memories some folk. 

We don’t have the best, we probably have some of the worst.

I’m struggling to think of a fanbase that will throw tons of it’s own fans under the bus all because an owner has come in and thrown a few shekels the club’s way. 

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Go on. Who? 

There were some high level local business folk who were approached, named and stated an interest in "saving" the club when LS left NP on the steps and a layer beneath of locals done good who had enjoyed all the good times but went missing when it all went titsup.

People forget that LS's "black hole" was £1.5m from memory and the tax bill was £350k I think, correct me if I'm wrong by all means because my general point is that it is peanuts relatively to the amounts both required and being spoken about to compete these days.

Anyway, like I said, not everyone fits into this category but I can see it from both sides in terms of what's happened and where we are now is about players' wages , not boxes.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

There were some high level local business folk who were approached, named and stated an interest in "saving" the club when LS left NP on the steps and a layer beneath of locals done good who had enjoyed all the good times but went missing when it all went titsup.

People forget that LS's "black hole" was £1.5m from memory and the tax bill was £350k I think, correct me if I'm wrong by all means because my general point is that it is peanuts relatively to the amounts both required and being spoken about to compete these days.

Anyway, like I said, not everyone fits into this category but I can see it from both sides in terms of what's happened and where we are now is about players' wages , not boxes.

Were they leeching off the club via cheap boxes? Who were they? I am genuinely interested. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Were they leeching off the club via cheap boxes? Who were they? I am genuinely interested. 

It's very easy to go back and see our old sponsors etc and see who were getting the opportunity to strut their stuff in and around the club and the players, ex players too it seems, access all areas and not contributing enough for that homour.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It's very easy to go back and see our old sponsors etc and see who were getting the opportunity to strut their stuff in and around the club and the players, ex players too it seems, access all areas and not contributing enough for that homour.

I don’t see why ex players should be contributing cash. Hey they can’t all be like the CEO of D-Taxis.

I’ve heard all the criticism of these people but nobody ever says who they were or exactly what they did. 

Were they underpaying for corporate hospitality?  Were they costing the club money?

I’ve seen plenty of mud slung at unnamed targets - not the old guard board members but these corporate customers who made Chansiri boost prices to ones nobody would pay. Were they around when Mandaric was here?  

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t see why ex players should be contributing cash. Hey they can’t all be like the CEO of D-Taxis.

I’ve heard all the criticism of these people but nobody ever says who they were or exactly what they did. 

Were they underpaying for corporate hospitality?  Were they costing the club money?

I’ve seen plenty of mud slung at unnamed targets - not the old guard board members but these corporate customers who made Chansiri boost prices to ones nobody would pay. Were they around when Mandaric was here?  

Of course you were lol