Can we show Chansiri and Luhukay some respect?

Guest Theboylangers
Just now, Willow Owl said:

Why is it wrong, please explain how you know. Then i will accept you are right

All you need to do is provide the figures that the exec boxes under previous regimes were loss making. 

I wonder why astute businessman Mr Mandaric didn't see fit to massively increase the prices? 

7 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I hate all this respect rubbish - he’s not here on some missionary expedition to save all Wednesdayites.

hes trying to get to the premier league to get loadsa money!!

im not knocking that -it’s up to him - but don’t say I’m being disrespectful because the ticket prices are a rip off, the whole commercial operation at the club is a complete car crash that you would see on some channel 4 rescue programme and were stumped by financial fair play.

thats all the chairman’s fault, not Carlos, not abdi, not Jones, not effin butterfields....

its the chairmans - and he needs to sort it out.

Agree with this respect guff...if I went over to Thailand and bought an outfit like Bangkok Utd..lumped up the prices big time on everything from potg memberships shirts etc..and 3 years later we wer in the same division having won nothing..and possibly about to be banned from signing new players..how much ‘respect’ would I have from the locals??

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No it doesnt. Because thats wrong.

The incomings were higher than the outgoings.

So come on bright spark. About those losses. Or dont you know? Are you just making this crap up as you go along?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/ask-the-chairman-chansiri-explains-and-defends-hospitality-price-hike-at-sheffield-wednesday-1-8857602

There you go

Now you explain how you know different!!! 

Guest Theboylangers
7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Fair comment from Mr Chansiri.

If I wasn't so tired, there are a number of quotes in that article I would want to delve deeper into. But for now, I'm out. 

7 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

“losses were incurred after all related costs.”

As an ex accountant I can explain how that might result in a “loss”.  

It might be down to how you apportion overall costs that have nothing to do with the corporate business. It’s the corporate side’s share of all the costs that have no direct link to any revenue centre. It doesn’t mean the corporate side wasn’t making a contribution towards covering those costs. 

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

All you need to do is provide the figures that the exec boxes under previous regimes were loss making. 

I wonder why astute businessman Mr Mandaric didn't see fit to massively increase the prices? 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/ask-the-chairman-chansiri-explains-and-defends-hospitality-price-hike-at-sheffield-wednesday-1-8857602
See above

Because Mandaric was always in it to sell for maximum profit. Increasing prices would possibly affect potential income from current customers, thus reducing his potental asking price. 

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

See above

Because Mandaric was always in it to sell for maximum profit. Increasing prices would possibly affect potential income from current customers, thus reducing his potental asking price. 

Increasing prices and making a profit on the boxes would make the club more valuable surely. Especially if they really were loss making. 

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Fair comment from Mr Chansiri.

If I wasn't so tired, there are a number of quotes in that article I would want to delve deeper into. But for now, I'm out. 

The point i have been trying to make all along  is that DC had stated the club were losing money on corporate and hospitality. I have been hammered from pillar to post for not backing tbis up, and yet nobody has produced anything to prove otherwise. There are better people than me who will understand the statement more, but until his statement is proved to be a lie it remains fact. 

Guest Theboylangers
15 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

See above

Ok, so why would Mr Chansiri increase the exec box prices, in effect marginalising the potential income from current 'customers'.? 

I don't get it. If someone who has run their own company before can explain this stance of alienating their current 'customers' and how this benefits the business's underlying profitability, please let me know. 

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

“losses were incurred after all related costs.”

As an ex accountant I can explain how that might result in a “loss”.  

It might be down to how you apportion overall costs that have nothing to do with the corporate business. It’s the corporate side’s share of all the costs that have no direct link to any revenue centre. It doesn’t mean the corporate side wasn’t making a contribution towards covering those costs. 

I bow to your knowledge on this Rickygoo. I have been badgered to back up my statement, which i have. Its now up to others to prove DC's statement is a lie

Guest Theboylangers
4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

The point i have been trying to make all along  is that DC had stated the club were losing money on corporate and hospitality. I have been hammered from pillar to post for not backing tbis up, and yet nobody has produced anything to prove otherwise. There are better people than me who will understand the statement more, but until his statement is proved to be a lie it remains fact. 

To be fair Willow, you stand by your point and have even produced evidence to back it up. 

We might just have to disagree on the previously profit making exec boxes.  :Chansiri:

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

I bow to your knowledge on this Rickygoo. I have been badgered to back up my statement, which i have. Its now up to others to prove DC's statement is a lie

Their knowledge of corporate entertaining suggests Wednesday should be able to make a profit at reasonable prices similar to the way other clubs do.

This is my main gripe with the Chansiri project. At every point we are paying more than our immediate rivals. I don’t have access to the business of running Wednesday but common sense tells you Chansiri’s way isn’t the only way. His response to an issue is to play on loyalty and ramp up prices. 

I’m a Wednesday fan who wants to go to games so I have to accept it. But I really don’t have to like it. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Ok, so why would Mr Chansiri increase the exec box prices, in effect marginalising the potential income from current 'customers'.? 

I don't get it. If someone who has run their own company before can explain this stance of alienating their current 'customers' and how this benefits the business's underlying profitability, please let me know. 

I see it like this, from a basic view. If the boxes were losing money, then there is no underlying profitability. By putting up prices what ever take up will be at a profit. I would say  90% of the box customers would have been Wednesday fans and around 10% clients. The fans will still buy season tickets or attend games anyway as there is not much chance of them changing to being Blades. The other 10% of clients contribution would be negligible 

Effectively he has retained the income without the costs. He has stated the profit in corporate is minimal as it incorporates lots of overheads. Effectively he can put £10 on season tickets and make more money than a season in corporate without the soft costs, wages extra staff, food, extra suppliers, heating, gas, administration etc. There are many other factors  but the football industry is uneek. 

Long time ago since in business, but the principal remains. Maximum income and profit and minimum costs and overheads. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

To be fair Willow, you stand by your point and have even produced evidence to back it up. 

We might just have to disagree on the previously profit making exec boxes.  :Chansiri:

All about opinions Langers. 

PS 

Posted response on profit before reading this. No offence meant. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Their knowledge of corporate entertaining suggests Wednesday should be able to make a profit at reasonable prices similar to the way other clubs do.

This is my main gripe with the Chansiri project. At every point we are paying more than our immediate rivals. I don’t have access to the business of running Wednesday but common sense tells you Chansiri’s way isn’t the only way. His response to an issue is to play on loyalty and ramp up prices. 

I’m a Wednesday fan who wants to go to games so I have to accept it. But I really don’t have to like it. 

Fair point 

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Me and the "mole" don't always agree..but he definitely knows his facts about these matters.

Let him prove it then

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

He can say what he likes.

Give me a reasonably appointed room with a bar and catering facility...a captive clientele...and I'll show you a 30 percent profit with managed overheads.

To here you blab on You should be chairman of ICI, not listening to us knicker wetters. Bet your a legend in your own bath time.