#SWFC Manager Jos Luhukay Interview

58 minutes ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Great assessment! I think Jos has done a Brilliant Job, no question, in difficult circumstances. I'm just concerned that things may go stale if we can't freshen up the playing staff. At the back we are desperate for a LB/LWB, at least 1 CB and a RB/RWB, Palmer is horrendous and Hunt needs competition. Midfield will pose a problem as we can't rely on Lee and Hutchinson or Abdi for that matter, Jones isn't good enough so that leaves Bannan and Pelupessy. We have got to replace Wallace too. For me that's the bare minimum, there are also certain ingredients missing from the mix such as pace and power, I just don't see us competing at the top, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. 

I look forward in loyal optimism  to watching Wednesday do just that !!

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

On 03/07/2018 at 07:09, nethertonowl said:

Cheers, I know Jack Hunt is still on honeymoon, which was pre agreed a long time ago 

I might be a boring sod but he has had 8 weeks off to go on honeymoon.

He is a prime candidate for picking up injuries if he doesn’t get a proper pre season and he has already missed a key bit of the training and will come back with a groin strain.

Most subbed right back in history 

7 hours ago, Maltby owl83 said:

Great assessment! I think Jos has done a Brilliant Job, no question, in difficult circumstances. I'm just concerned that things may go stale if we can't freshen up the playing staff. At the back we are desperate for a LB/LWB, at least 1 CB and a RB/RWB, Palmer is horrendous and Hunt needs competition. Midfield will pose a problem as we can't rely on Lee and Hutchinson or Abdi for that matter, Jones isn't good enough so that leaves Bannan and Pelupessy. We have got to replace Wallace too. For me that's the bare minimum, there are also certain ingredients missing from the mix such as pace and power, I just don't see us competing at the top, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. 

Valid concerns, without a doubt.  Who do you like amongst the U23's?  Ashley Baker, Jordan Thorniley, Connor Kirby, and Matt Penney seem motivated, show undeveloped talent, and Preslav Borukov may just be a very intimidating Attacking Center Midfielder.  Reach is a Veteran, and could probably lead a Midfield or Defense.

Not to mention Jack Stobbs, Fraser Preston, Frederik Nielsen, .  No wonder Jos is looking in-house.  

I hear you though, things go stale very quickly when not properly operated and maintained...hence the new tactics and medical staff.  So, of the players available, Veteran or Academy, who would you bet on for LB/LWB, CB, RB/RWB?  

9 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Valid concerns, without a doubt.  Who do you like amongst the U23's?  Ashley Baker, Jordan Thorniley, Connor Kirby, and Matt Penney seem motivated, show undeveloped talent, and Preslav Borukov may just be a very intimidating Attacking Center Midfielder.  Reach is a Veteran, and could probably lead a Midfield or Defense.

Not to mention Jack Stobbs, Fraser Preston, Frederik Nielsen, .  No wonder Jos is looking in-house.  

I hear you though, things go stale very quickly when not properly operated and maintained...hence the new tactics and medical staff.  So, of the players available, Veteran or Academy, who would you bet on for LB/LWB, CB, RB/RWB?  

I really rate Thornily, and he can play LB or CB Baker and Kirby both looked like they had potential. It's a shame about Sean Clare though he would have fit in Brilliantly in CM. Can't wait to see Borukov too. 

On 02/07/2018 at 14:26, axolotl said:

Lee Bullen spoke to us at our table during the VIP brekkie, and he said some long-term injuries were back in training now, with the rest being drip fed back in. He said the players all reported back in good shape and they had tailored training regimes for the break to ensure they came back in good condition. He didn't name any names, but was positive on the whole, and things look encouraging in terms of fitness and injuries. It's "better than before", he said!

he can't have said that, the 'carlos was the best ever brigade' were on just the other day saying 'it's not true that we weren't fit', 'anyone saying that is a liar', and 'the players should have supervised their own fitness levels'.